• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

PSA... the new embossed star wraiths are absolute bombers. I have a max weight pop top that flies like I want my destroyers to fly. Shows a slight turn at high speeds but still has a healthy fade. Absolutely bombs. Get yourself some.

PSA... the new embossed star wraiths are absolute bombers. I have a max weight pop top that flies like I want my destroyers to fly. Shows a slight turn at high speeds but still has a healthy fade. Absolutely bombs. Get yourself some.

Yup, my dubs partner is a flex forehander and just bought two of these. He's hooked.

Holy hell.. Where do I get myself one of these?

You have to watch and wait... or pay $50 on fleabay. I got it in a huge sale where the guy had like 20 discs laid out and all of them were 15ea. I saw it tucked away in the back and nearly exploded with joy when he said it wasn't taken yet.

Are all of the new wraiths embossed? Or do I have to find them special?

I see. Thanks. So are they really stabke or is the turn prevalent?

The turn is what I consider "prevalent." My new embossed Star Wraiths are also fairly domed and pop top. Yes, they fly great. They are flip to straight and far. I wouldn't consider them overstable wraiths. Use a lot of hyzer in a headwind if you're a power player.

I know everyone says "throw an s line dd for the overstable wraith slot." I don't like the profile particularly though it is overstable. I may just start throwing the "12 speed" I posted earlier in the thread.

The turn is what I consider "prevalent." My new embossed Star Wraiths are also fairly domed and pop top. Yes, they fly great. They are flip to straight and far. I wouldn't consider them overstable wraiths. Use a lot of hyzer in a headwind if you're a power player.

I know everyone says "throw an s line dd for the overstable wraith slot." I don't like the profile particularly though it is overstable. I may just start throwing the "12 speed" I posted earlier in the thread.

I'd throw it if I were you it's a good looking disc. Thanks for the feedback here man. I did jump to the C-line DD for my meathooky/headwind saucer. It feels like a Wraith to me.

You have to watch and wait... or pay $50 on fleabay. I got it in a huge sale where the guy had like 20 discs laid out and all of them were 15ea. I saw it tucked away in the back and nearly exploded with joy when he said it wasn't taken yet.

Do you know what the run is called? I've never seen such an awesome Wraith!! Also, sounds like you can't get them new anymore, you just searching the BST threads on here and facebook or something?

Anyone have anything on hiw a MF Champ Wraith is in a head wind/overall??

The one MF Wraith I had was easily the most overstable Wraith I've thrown. It didn't really turn on full forehand rips. It also didn't go as far as a Destroyer on full forehand rips, so I traded it back in after one round.

I'd rather throw a DD or Enforcer than that MF Wraith. The DD I own started out even more HSS without any more(and maybe not even as much) fade, and an Enforcer goes further and is more reliable for me.

Only Wraiths I really like are Echos or beaten Stars. They're probably the best max-distance driver I've ever thrown for my backhand.

Last edited:
Do you know what the run is called? I've never seen such an awesome Wraith!! Also, sounds like you can't get them new anymore, you just searching the BST threads on here and facebook or something?

They're referred to as XXL's, hence the gigantic stamp. They are available on fleabay and such, but they're usually between 40-60 depending on colors and condition. Here you'll also pay a premium because they are aware of what it is.

I got lucky on an online tag sale type deal.

I just came so dangerously close to losing that xxl yesterday. Best drive ever turned sour when it just blew right by the basket and kept going... Spent a half hour with everyone on the card looking before we found it.

No way was I leaving until I found it.