• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I accidentally left my disc's in a friends car last Friday, and I had to play this weekend with my backup disc's. I used to throw Wraiths but haven't for a while. Anyway I dug out a 140 Blizz Wraith out of my Backup box and threw it about 425 feet on the first throw, which is a 25 to 30 feet farther than I've ever thrown a Wraith before. I might have to do some more tests against my Boss when I get it back. Maybe the Wraith worked itself back into my bag. Well see.

I used to throw and love the Star Augusta Wraiths. They jus hit the sweet spot of stability and durability for me.

is this not the best driver ever made? I haven't been playing long and have only thrown 8 other drivers, but the wraith stands way out from the others.

I found my first Wraith when I was helping another player I met on the course find his lost disc. He was looking for a yellow disc, and I found an unmarked purple DX Wraith hiding in the bushes. I decide to try it out and it was just so consistent and accurate I had to keep using it.

I recently bought a Blizzard Champion Wraith and went to try it out today, no surprise it was just even better. Definitely going to be buying this disc over and over and over again if I have to.

is this not the best driver ever made? I haven't been playing long and have only thrown 8 other drivers, but the wraith stands way out from the others.

I found my first Wraith when I was helping another player I met on the course find his lost disc. He was looking for a yellow disc, and I found an unmarked purple DX Wraith hiding in the bushes. I decide to try it out and it was just so consistent and accurate I had to keep using it.

I recently bought a Blizzard Champion Wraith and went to try it out today, no surprise it was just even better. Definitely going to be buying this disc over and over and over again if I have to.

It is indeed the best driver ever made. Overlooked by the ever popular Destroyer. I just don't need a rim any bigger than an 11. A beat in star wraith is the most beautiful flight I've known to love. Finally canned an ace with mine last week. Big ol turnover on a nice 300 footer. I'd say the fact that Climo uses them for his distance driver should speak for itself. If the champ dont need to speed 13 beefcake my weak ass arm sure doesn't.

How do you Wraith lovers like your Wraiths?

PFN?

Star or Champ?

Dome or flat?

Star or pro. For myself a champ is too stable. Generally I like a slightly domey star. Current runs are plenty fine. Say perfect set up would be a beat up one that flips, and new stable one of about the same weight and a third that's similar in weight but that nice champy star blend if you can find one. They're just a hair more stable than a regular star and are just a little bit grippier. Have those three and you don't need anything else for distance drivers. Maybe a max or xcal for hurricane season or somethjng

How do you Wraith lovers like your Wraiths?

PFN?

Star or Champ?

Dome or flat?

I like many flavors of Wraith. In my bag currently I have three Wraiths. 1 - GStar (167g), 2 - Champion (167g & 175g). I usually prefer very flat Wraiths. I have several backup GStars and they are all super flat. I've been very happy with this plastic and how flat they all have been for this molds. I like that plastic for BH and Champion for FH.

Off topic. I've never gotten a tattoo but I think if I got one, I would get the dx Wraith stamp somewhere. My favorite stamp ever.

Last edited:
I've got a flat Champ that I really love also. I was wondering if other people liked the flat ones. I love the pro's with some dome too, they bomb with that glide.

I've got a flat Champ that I really love also. I was wondering if other people liked the flat ones. I love the pro's with some dome too, they bomb with that glide.

I'm not into Wraiths with a lot of dome. They tend to have too much HSS in my experience. I think flat or slight dome is where it's at.

I'm not into Wraiths with a lot of dome. They tend to have too much HSS in my experience. I think flat or slight dome is where it's at.

I had a old PFN years ago that flew like a beefy Firebird. Thing was crazy stable.

Wraith is one disc that fits manufacturers description vs just some marketing mumbo jumbo. It's a controll driver and performs well in moderate winds without getting too flippy. Speed 11 rim is right in my grips comfort zone . First driver I feel like I have reasonable control over @ around 350 ft of power. Starting to see 370 here and there with my wraith. It's the only driver I can get to hold an anny line , yet it's not too under stable . Premium plastics tend to be a little on the beefy side for me, but max weight dx me like. Most courses I play are park style with minimal trees to contend with and dx holds up well. Also, not the end of the world if my dx plastic finds a water hazard or damaged. It's a great " next step " driver IMO .

wraith was a great disc for me. I remember a stack of 10 augusta's i got for like 14$ each, lol. Should have saved a few on the wall :/ anyway, it gave me about 40ft on my drives past the orc and the first week throwing them I birdied a 425ft hole I never dreamed of! Also my second ace was a star wraith, I think like 330. Skipped in too, wraith is very versitle disc that I would say offers fairway control with driver distance.

Wraiths

The Wraith was Innova's first step up from the Orc. It basically made the Orc obsolete for me overnight. A tad faster and with noticeably better glide than the Orc. The pro Wraith had great glide and basically opened the door to the wide rimmed driver craze. Star Wraiths lose a bit of glide, but are still plenty long and can handle big rips. However, the best Wraith (IMO) was the Augusta CFR. Great dome, great (durable) plastic and an overall outstanding driver.

If I wanted to cycle Wraiths and was seeking the most overstable one available, would I immediately gravitate toward Champ, or should I be comparing plh on the Stars and snagging the high ones there? Maybe a better way to ask would be is there a discernible stability difference between Champs and the beefy Stars?
I have a star now that is very flat, very stiff, and very overstable, but in the two years I've been using it now as a headwind/forehand roller/spike hyzer/skip disc, it's lost some of that over stability. I've got another star in the bag - much softer and lower plh - and now picked up a Pro, but looking to maybe put that fresh meathook back in.... so tell me about the champs and beefier Wraiths in general. (Not interested in OOP/hard to find.)
Thanks.

If I wanted to cycle Wraiths and was seeking the most overstable one available, would I immediately gravitate toward Champ, or should I be comparing plh on the Stars and snagging the high ones there? Maybe a better way to ask would be is there a discernible stability difference between Champs and the beefy Stars?
I have a star now that is very flat, very stiff, and very overstable, but in the two years I've been using it now as a headwind/forehand roller/spike hyzer/skip disc, it's lost some of that over stability. I've got another star in the bag - much softer and lower plh - and now picked up a Pro, but looking to maybe put that fresh meathook back in.... so tell me about the champs and beefier Wraiths in general. (Not interested in OOP/hard to find.)
Thanks.

It's all about PLH. I have a Champ that isn't that stable and one that is. Stars same way.

In my many years of Wraith loving, I've found the obvious. Max weight champion Wraiths are the most OS and stay OS much longer than any other plastic. I love my pairing of Champion and GStar for this mold.

In my many years of Wraith loving, I've found the obvious. Max weight champion Wraiths are the most OS and stay OS much longer than any other plastic. I love my pairing of Champion and GStar for this mold.

well.... champ is generally more OS than star. but plh matters much more. i dont get too hung up on the weight either.

however your right in champ holds its stability significantly better. i havent thrown the gstarrr so i cannot comment on that.

You could always pair a Discmania C-Line DD with your star wraiths.

Very HSS and good into the wind.

Latest posts