• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I just got a 172 pop-top echo star Wraith to add to my collection. This thing is crazy, like firebird overstable crazy!! It is going in the bag for forehand shots and extreme headwinds. I can't wait to see where this disc is in a year :popcorn: Especially if it holds its HSS and loses the LSS.

The Wraith was my primary max D driver for around 4 years until I found the Tern. To this day my longest flat ground throw has been with a perfectly beat in Star Wraith. I loved the blends that were a bit softer Star, but those seemed to be some of the PFN runs. I unfortunately has lost and/or traded away them all, but the Champion Tern I have currently is serving as a very adequate substitute. I currently have a stiffer Star Wraith that is easily the most OS one I've ever thrown, so it is great for headwinds, long hyzers and flex shots.

So, I have thrown pro and star wraiths, but not a champ. When it comes to champ discs, I am picky. Not ocd nutso, but I like what I like. 2 weeks ago a buddy calls me from a garage sale, says hey I can get you eleven discs for $25. I am like yeah, do it. In this is the most beautiful, 8/10 champ wraith at 168, my sweet spot. This thing is PFN, patent numbers,, flat top, pearly and Dayglo. Stamps in great shape. The only thing is the original price written on back. Throws exactly like I want. Its pretty grippy, but not pliable. Just an awesome disc.

lots of softer champy star wraiths are out now,primarily what i throw too. the bottom stamps are nice as well as the new kc stamped swirlies

I found a red champstar in a local used bin in great condition. Super flat but still very stable, great disc.

155 beat blizzard wraith was first disc to go 350 for me. Got a little too beat and flipped into the lake one day. Tried star max weight and too beefy, star light too flippy......stepped away from them and my arm wasn't really ready for a wraith yet anyway. 6 months later and picked up a 168 dx. Love it and it bombs. Rides a mellow turn for a long while and always flexes out. I f I get enough spin , it flexes into a nice gliding fade that adds up to big distance . Big distance being 370 ish for me. If I ever break 400, on flat ground under normal conditions, it will prob be with my wraith.

Any suggestions on finding OS Star Wraiths?

Besides the 12 speed flatties?

The ken climo your series are pretty OS. Honestly caught me off guard how stable those suckers are. Other than that I've noticed the champy star domey ones are just a tad more stse than regular star. For whatever reason the dicks sporting good in town always seems to have a couple. Honestly my favorite wraith. I need to get another. I wanna beatbonenin to my understbe wraith someday and have another fresh one. Extra grippy and really pretty looking

The only beefy wraiths ive found lately have been the echos,those are pure beef but will break in. Atm the current kenny stock stamps arent as os as echos ,they fly straight and can have some turn if you have the power for them but they will fade out at the end. I threw a couple new ones this weekend in a tourney and the freshy held its own while flexing out in crosswinds and headwinds and still fading out at the end. Loving the new stock wraiths.

Easiest way to find the beefiest ones are to take a wraith to a shop and compare PLH on multiple wraiths.

Dome will NOT guarantee extra stability.

Yeah I understand PLH vs. Dome.

I recently went back to Wraiths from Destroyers.

Wraiths have been a more consistent mold over the years.

Im just trying to replace my old stiff pop top Star Wraith.

Its decently overstable even with 400'+ of power.

I also have one of those "12 speed" stamped flatties which is beefy.

Those are just getting harder to find.

I threw Wraiths for a while, stopped throwing them about two seasons ago....Just recently came back to them at the tail end of this season (I had to go back to school and have no time now....) and wondered why I ever stopped throwing them!

Since I'm much more experienced now than I was a few years ago, I'm realizing the amazing versatility of the disc and the different plastics available. A brand new one will be decently overstable and a broken in one won't break down to an unusable point. Although my old pro Wraith is hard not to roll no matter what angle I put it on....oops haha

Latest posts