• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] wraith ?

THE GOV'NA

Double Eagle Member
im looking to add a cpl wraiths to the bag and was wonder which plastic is best..i hear alot of good things about pro wraiths..can anyone tell me why?" thx

Pro Wraiths have great glide, they start off a little less stable than Star and quite a bit less stable then Champ. They are pretty durable, and when they are beat up they make great turnover distance drivers.

i love champ wraiths for their stability. i treat them as a step down from my destroyers. i can throw them farther than any other disc. with a slight turn over they flatten out nicely and flex back in.

Pro Wraiths have great glide, they start off a little less stable than Star and quite a bit less stable then Champ. They are pretty durable, and when they are beat up they make great turnover distance drivers.
I agree with this. I seem to get more "pop" from the pro.

If you're looking for distance get a pro. If you're looking for stability get a champ. If you want a mixture of both get a star. If you want one that will quickly beat to **** and become insanely flippy get a DX.

I carry a champ because I don't want mine to turnover but the champs do lack the glide of the pro's. Stars give you a mixture of both but the glide is more in the range of the champs.

save the time and just get a surge :p .. but yeah like every has mentioned.. Pro's bomb for open distance, but for all around i prefer the nice flat star... i dont throw them anymore but when i did a nice worn star was pretty solid

i love pro wraiths for distance, but for predictability and for a disc that wont beat in too quickly, i love star wraiths. i throw one of each currently.

PRO. I have tried all plastics and it has the best flight for me. I find the Pro plastic almost as durable as Star anyways at about half the cost.

Nuke seems to be similar mold and I really like the champ(? Clear) plastic as doesn't get too beat up on our brutal courses. Longer beat in but hold longer too.

Nuke seems to be similar mold and I really like the champ(? Clear) plastic as doesn't get too beat up on our brutal courses. Longer beat in but hold longer too.

Yeah, you're talking about the elite-z plastic. I haven't found a z nuke to be anywhere similar to a wraith but maybe you're talking about the flight patterns of a nuke ss, (as I see it listed in your sig). Never thrown an SS so I guess I'm not the one to compare.

i love all wraiths, got my first pro in the mail. I love my new champs for moderate headwind and they beat to straightish my stars beat in fairly quick and stay straight a long time

great disc and it seems a lot more controllable than the superfast stuff

Why do so many Nuke/Wraith comparisons come about?

The wraith is an arisaka, and a nuke is what we dropped on it.

crappy? they were made of steel stronger than any of the bolt actions the allied forces produced...

I know, they had their workers cranking those things out of the factories. But I'd take my springfield anyday!

Latest posts