• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] X-Link Softober by Vibram

I like X-Link Soft because:

• It has the most amazing grip and durability on the planet

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • It is awesome at approaching fast greens - hit and sit baby

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Are these really the only options in this poll?

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters
Soft Ascent is in the mail and soon to be in my loving hands! I can't get enough of my Soft Trak, I'm very excited about the soft Ascent. The Trak really made me clean up my form...hopefully I don't have that issue with the Ascent. Thanks Vibram, love Softober!

I prefer my product descriptions in haiku form

Watch it hit and sit
Great grip, durability
Stop touching yourself

Seriously though... soft is hella nice. I prefer this for my putters...

because I usually miss lol

I feel like my Soft Ridge doesn't putt as accurately as my lost but not forgotten Medium Ridge, because it deforms in my hand just a bit when I'm putting, but for a short drive or an upshot that you have to stick, or when the risk of long ricochets needs to be minimized, it's a superior choice. I used to use a Blowfly for this kind of shot, but the Ridge mold is MUCH more controllable in windy situations and the Vibram soft rubber sticks the landing just as well as the DGA rubber. :clap:

Sometimes a picture can answer a question the best.

6686965_orig.jpg

I got a soft obex that's light pink. It looks and feels like silly putty. Hope of flies as good as it feels, would make a great warm up catch disc too lol. I was throwing it against my wall in the garage earlier, it's hilarious how it just stops.

Are these soft enough that they won't roll, even down hill?

90% of the time they are wonderful, however, I pulled one out in worlds on a 20' putt down hill...I babied it and it splashed out left, rolled OB turning a 2 to a circle 5. My own fault though, most of the time they land like you just threw a water balloon.

90% of the time they are wonderful, however, I pulled one out in worlds on a 20' putt down hill...I babied it and it splashed out left, rolled OB turning a 2 to a circle 5. My own fault though, most of the time they land like you just threw a water balloon.

This is what happens to me. My putt will catch an edge on the basket, then flip up and roll for miles. Nothing in the world will prevent that, other than laying up to the pole instead of going for it. 20 foot downhills you almost always have to take a run at, its a percentage game.
Upside down soft VP is about as roll proof as you can get.

Just got mine today and love them. They are going to be great for the winter. I havent had any roll aways but the one thing that bugs me compared to using my normaly putters if if you hit just a bit low and hit the upper rim of the basket, these just plop and miss where my normal putters would pop up into the basket. Not a big deal, just makes me avoid hitting that low.

I have three soft Summits. I use them on high risk shots where I need the disc to stop whenever it hits something. They're also great when putting into gale force winds. They won't immediately flip up and fly uncontrolled. They will usually "dance" in a fluttering motion instead of sailing away. The results are never as bad as they are with firmer discs.

I'd be well served to get a soft VP and a Trak.

So who's selling these? As usual it's difficult to find pictures of the available colors. Just stock photos.

Does weight play any role? Like are lighter Summits generally softer than heavier? Just curious.