• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Xcal/teerex, destroyer/wraith and pd

Spike Hyzer

Birdie Member
Does anyone have both the xcal and teerex in the bag or destroyer and wraith? Why both? Anyone have these and a pd as well?

Pro Wraith / Champ Destroyer is a good combo imo. Destroyer works well in the wind and is more OS, while the Wraith works well for straight or anhyzers.

I only carry 2 high speed drivers and that combo has worked as well as any for me.

Several wraiths, one star destroyer. Destroyer is more stable and less likely for me to turn and burn when the wind is blowing

I use to carry destroyers and wraiths. i used destroyers for stable distance shots and when the wind was out and wraiths for max distance and distance with less fade. Having both in your bag can really complement each other really well. I have for now replaced both with the Millenium Scorpius. I use the Sirius plastic scorpius for my destroyer like flight and the Quantum plastic is less stable and flies a lot like my wraiths do.

I throw fh and bh almost equally as much and like how the destroyer and xcal feel and fly similar with the xcal finishing slightly stronger. The pd is a beautiful disc between fairway and distance drivers and flies well fh nd bh. I find it to be between my destroyer and firebird. I am not a huge fan of fairway drivers as I have never thrown them that well. I carry a Ti stalker which flies barely longer than my buzz but is pretty stable. I don't love it. I also carry a jackal which I find to be fickle. Sometimes I throw beautiful shots with it but I find it unpredictable. I may just dump fairways altogether. Buzz to pd.

New Xcal in the bag for headwind or pure hyzer shots. I have 2 wraiths and 2 destroyers in my bag. One beat and one newer of each. Straight to slight turnover for the beats and reliable stable finish for the newer ones. The detsroyers go 20-30 ft further it just depends on what i'm feelin at the moment. All are great discs and will always be in my bag. You can go wrong with wraiths/destroyers in different wear.

Yes. A fresh XCal for long stable shots that can't finish right (RHBH) and a somewhat beat domey Teerex for long open straight shots that need a bit of turn to start the flight.

I carry both a wraith and destroyers. Wraiths are for my backhand distance slot, and destroyers are more of a forehand disc for me.

I don't see the need for both a wraith AND a destroyer. My destroyers will go farther for me than my wraith and they seem to handle the wind better than the wraiths. I would think its safe to say a destroyer that is getting beat in a bit could cover whatever shots you might be using your wraith for.

I'm the opposite. My forehand is weak and still developing. I have one old beat star Wraith for forehand hyzerflips. I also use it for tight turnover distance shots. It really doesn't come out much. The rest of my distance drivers are star Destroyers in various stages of wear.

I have 3 Wraiths & 2 Destroyers in my bag. To me the Destroyer is much more stable than the Wraiths. I typically use the Destroyer over the Wraith if I am facing head/cross winds of 15mph or more. The Wraith always gets me more distance and control.

I carry a wraith, teerex and pd, not always all, but usually a combo of 2.

Wraith works well for flex shots, wide fairways, long hyzer flips with left finish. I prefer star and Pro with a little wear on them.

Not to be cliche but the pd is used on straight shots with light fade that I couldn't reach with an eagle/tb. Only when I have a decent ceiling. I need more air under the pd to get good distance.

Teerex or teerex-x depending on the wind/fade. Long and dead straight until the hard fade. A used star teerex will lose the lss before hss. The pro wraith is longer but at the price of control. Handles low lines with better distance than the pd.

BOSS/WRAITH

I have 2 boss's and 2 wraith's in my bag. I can get the boss further than a destroyer for bombs forehand. The wraith I use when I'm tired but, still need to bomb backhand.

I have 2 boss's and 2 wraith's in my bag. I can get the boss further than a destroyer for bombs forehand. The wraith I use when I'm tired but, still need to bomb backhand.

I love throwing destroyers backhand and consistently get more distance and predictability from them, but I also prefer throwing the boss forehand and it can bomb.

Rockin' up to 4 PD's at the moment in combination with at most 2 destroyers. My TeeBirds, PD's, and Destroyers all shape similar lines at different distances.

I carry two C-lines (one new, one worn), one max weight new P-line (glidey, rate it at -1 turn @ 350'+), and one lighter worn P-line for hyzer flips, rollers, general understable duties (I'd rate this flippy freak at -3 turn). This combo gets it done for me for most holes out to 370' or so. Longer and I switch to destroyers, shorter (under 340') and I switch to teebirds.

With all four of those molds in your bag I can imagine some overlap. Especially with the TeeRex being a bit more stable than the wraith, and the destroyer a tick faster and more stable than the wraith.

I can't reccomend the PD enough though. If you have the patience to learn to throw a C-line PD they break into the sweetest straight consistent driver. My worn slightly domey plus mold C-line PD didnt break in to flippy, rather it just became more glidey and the fade came later. I am often throwing mine nearly as far as my distance drivers without the fear of flipping or compensating much for wind.

Latest posts