• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What is the Destroyer equivalent of a Nathan Queen TS Wraith? Feel and/or flight.

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
My god, my disc catch session today revealed that the Nathan Queen Wraith, which I already loved, is now beyond love. It's obsession, both in feel and flight, it's incredible next level ****. I now want to hunt down some specific plastics/molds/runs that have a similar feel and/or flight, especially Destroyers. My Queen is sooooo neutral. Slight turn, slight fade, 420+, repeatable, consistent, amazing.

Obviously the feels and flights won't be exact, but I NEED more of this type of feel and neutral flight whether it comes from a Destroyer (top priority), Orc, Boss, another brand, whatever. I'll get them all. Any recommendations for discs (plastics/runs) that are in the ballpark of the Queen's flight/feel? The longer and shorter versions?

God Save the Queen! RIP

P. S. There needs to be more Color Glow Star. Color Glow Champ is cornering the market.

P. S.S. Why don't Queens come in lighter weights than 175? Would be cool to bag a lighter one also. This seems to be typical for color glow discs and I don't understand. Anyone with color glow plastics would 100% buy lighter versions as well if they were available!

Last edited:
There's not *that* much difference between a Wraith a Destroyer. If you love Nathan Queen TS Wraiths, I'd suggest just sticking with those.

If you really want similar Destroyers, than I'd probably suggest GStar Destroyers. The Color Glow Star of the NQ Wraiths is softer than most recent Star runs. The softer Star usually leads to a lower wing PLH. GStar is the classic "softer Star" which also leads to a lower wing PLH.

I actually personally enjoy GStar Wraiths a lot. They make good max-distance bombers for me. And then I mix in regular, recent Star Wraiths for some more stability.

Have you tried cycling Pro Wraiths? Nice and soft and "pop" out of the hand.

There's not *that* much difference between a Wraith a Destroyer. If you love Nathan Queen TS Wraiths, I'd suggest just sticking with those.

If you really want similar Destroyers, than I'd probably suggest GStar Destroyers. The Color Glow Star of the NQ Wraiths is softer than most recent Star runs. The softer Star usually leads to a lower wing PLH. GStar is the classic "softer Star" which also leads to a lower wing PLH.

I actually personally enjoy GStar Wraiths a lot. They make good max-distance bombers for me. And then I mix in regular, recent Star Wraiths for some more stability.

Have you tried cycling Pro Wraiths? Nice and soft and "pop" out of the hand.

I have a confession to make you guys. I love, throw, and often bag Pro and GStar Destroyer/Wraiths. I didn't give any background because I was curious what people would recommend haha.

That being said, I think my Pros and GStars have more left and right movement than this Nathan Queen, especially as they beat in. My old 172g F2 GStar Destroyer, "The Blue Bomber" as it's known in the region, might be my favorite disc if you held a gun to my head. Huge turn (sometimes too much!) with reliable fade. I think it actually might contend and possibly surpass anything else I own, distance wise. Bosses, Katanas, D4s, Corvettes, Shrykes, etc etc etc. It's my max distance driver in my tourney bag every time. And yes, it's an equal of the Queen, feel-wise, but not really flight wise. Same with my 168g Pro Wraiths/Destroyers. Those definitely have a lot of left and right movement.

However, I do have lightly thrown 175g GStar Wraiths and Destroyers. I guess I just haven't thrown them enough/taken them out to the field to compare against my Queen since I got em. I very well might have the answer to my question staring me in the face everyday of my life. Maybe I just needed to talk through it haha.

Since my Nathan Queen is relatively new, there's a chance it ends up more like my Pro and g-star drivers with more left and right movement as it beats in. I'm realizing that this question is kind of stupid. I guess I'm just looking for grippy Destroyers/Wraiths/Orcs/other "-1, 3" ish drivers that fly long and straight with little left and right movement and hold that flight as they beat in? Maybe a softer Star run? I love color glow champ too, so if there's a mold/run of that, I'm in. It also doesn't even have to be Innova. My Gateway Journey is like that in flight but it's not a reliable -1,3 type.

The other option is to cycle GStars like you said and I must say that that sounds really good too. Never "truly" cycled but I can throw consistently enough now that it would work.

I'm sure I will end up trying to cycle but also trade for new molds/runs unnecessarily because I'm ill.

Last edited:
Blacked out, woke up naked in the bathtub. Still here actually. Checked my email and found this from Innova. What happened? Where am I?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220909-204300_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-204300_Gmail.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220909-204324_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-204324_Gmail.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20220909_204348.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909_204348.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 60
Wysocki Raptor star Destroyers are probably what you want. They tended to be slightly less stable than most other star Destroyers. They'll turn a bit, and don't have a super dumpy late fade.

If you're into good Wraiths, try the Garrett Gurthie halo Wraith. Pretty much a perfect flight, and the plastic won't break in quickly at all.

The one thing you MUST keep in mind here is that every disc of every mold (especially drivers) will fly slightly different. Just because you tried some Wraith and fell in love with it doesn't mean every Wraith of that run will be the same.

Wysocki Raptor star Destroyers are probably what you want. They tended to be slightly less stable than most other star Destroyers. They'll turn a bit, and don't have a super dumpy late fade.

If you're into good Wraiths, try the Garrett Gurthie halo Wraith. Pretty much a perfect flight, and the plastic won't break in quickly at all.

The one thing you MUST keep in mind here is that every disc of every mold (especially drivers) will fly slightly different. Just because you tried some Wraith and fell in love with it doesn't mean every Wraith of that run will be the same.

Aye! I have Sockibot Destroyers but I've never tried the Raptor! I'm also looking to acquire a Philo color glow star via trade.

I've also been meaning to get a Halo Wraith and this just might be impetus I needed.

P. S.S. Why don't Queens come in lighter weights than 175? Would be cool to bag a lighter one also. This seems to be typical for color glow discs and I don't understand. Anyone with color glow plastics would 100% buy lighter versions as well if they were available!

I'm pretty sure my wife bought a sub-150gm NQ glow Wraith from Marshall St. She loves it.

Are we talking about a different run?

I'm pretty sure my wife bought a sub-150gm NQ glow Wraith from Marshall St. She loves it.

Are we talking about a different run?

I'm not sure if I've ever seen official confirmation of this, but the only NQ color glow star wraiths I've ever seen are 173-175 across the board.

https://otbdiscs.com/product/wraith-glow-star-nathan-queen/

Innova seems to do this with some (all?) of their Tour Series discs? At least recently? If I didn't throw max weight already, and if the discs weren't amazing, that would irk me. Having said that (reminds me of Larry David every time), I'm still irked. I would acquire some of the TS discs in the 168-172g range in a New York heartbeat. Many would. Innova doesn't need more money but its there if they want it.

i got a 158g NQ from marshall street too. i think i got the last one.

Latest posts