• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT Pro Roc and BB Aviar

Here here. Loves me some BB Aviars so I'd like to know as well.

You know, I don't ask for much around here. Somebody needs to buy me one of these damned Aviars!

Perhaps Innova has overplayed their pro shop hand on this one. With all of the new releases it might have been best to do a small regular production run and send them to retailers.

Sadly I will admit if they had put the pro shop small circle proto star stamp on these I would have most likely ordered several already :eek:

This is probably what people have been waiting years for, as long as the rocs are overstable enough. Hopefully people won't have to search for rocs they like anymore. Too bad they're so pricey and you have to buy so many without even seeing them first...

So as someone who has thrown these...I'm liking em a lot. They're very tacky/grippy which I love! I hate slick discs. They have just the perfect amount of stiffness too. I'd liken the BB aviar to SS plastic from gateway. Stability wise I would say they are very similar to McPro. Durability - I haven't smacked enough trees to tell how they hold up yet

Are they still nicely overstable? I've never thrown a mcpro, I'm getting the hang of putting with my kc's but something that flies the same with more grip would be great!

Are they still nicely overstable? I've never thrown a mcpro, I'm getting the hang of putting with my kc's but something that flies the same with more grip would be great!

I picked one up yesterday. My primary putters are KC Pro Glow Aviars, which fly perfect for me but are a bit too stiff and slick. These XTs are just what I've been waiting for. They're right between KC Pro and JK in stiffness and grip. After I see how durable the one I bought is I'm sure I'll be picking more up.

I just got hooked on the JK Aviars about a month ago, then I felt this disc.... It has the texture of the JK that I loved, but the stiffness that is easy to fall in love with. I'll keep a JK in the bag, but this XT is going to be my go to for a while.

I picked one up yesterday. My primary putters are KC Pro Glow Aviars, which fly perfect for me but are a bit too stiff and slick. These XTs are just what I've been waiting for. They're right between KC Pro and JK in stiffness and grip. After I see how durable the one I bought is I'm sure I'll be picking more up.

I didn't think that you had a "go to" with all of the putters that you've used, lol. I saw the pic on instagram and called Hazy to have them hold one for me. I agree, this is the putter that I've been looking for.

I just got hooked on the JK Aviars about a month ago, then I felt this disc.... It has the texture of the JK that I loved, but the stiffness that is easy to fall in love with. I'll keep a JK in the bag, but this XT is going to be my go to for a while.

I have a super beat JK that never leaves the bag. I rotate a variety of stiffer Big Beads as well. Several glow KCs, even more regular KCs, and a couple DX. Now I can add the XT to my list.

I like it. Grippy and stiff, as others have mentioned. I notice that just the outer rim is a bit chalky. Mine Is max weight Purple. Any others noticed this?

The flight is perfect. Flies like a Big Bead Aviar should. I had one gnarly spit out but that just happens. By no means is this putter prone to spit outs. I also noticed after just two rounds and 30 minutes of putting practice (using other putters as well) that there is a decent amount of bruising, but no chunkage taken out of the disc. It's durable, but not "Xtra Tough". Doesn't seem any tougher than a emulate KC to me. I like the grip though.

Anyone thrown the XT Rocs yet?

I have a mildly domed dx roc with flag stamp that I love, but it is hard to find replacements. If these fly like a slightly domed dx roc I might be interested but no one has mentioned throwing them.

No SA on the Rocs, but I did notice the other day that in the heat (probably around 90 degrees at my local course) my XT Big Bead Aviar got really soft. Not as much as my JK, but much softer than I expected, given that it's pretty firm out of the box.

Don't think I'll get another, but big bead Aviars are really the only disc I have a ton of back ups for anyway. Might use it for my stiff winter putter, and save my DX and KC Pros for summer/spring.

i just got an XT roc in, haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but i'm loving the plastic. nice and grippy. i really hate the way DX roc's feel for some reason, but I can't seem to find anything that'll fly the way my beat up rocs do. I'm hoping this can displace them. I tried using KC pro rocs, but they felt like the exact same plastic as my DX rocs (or at least in white), I dunno if anyone else has had the same experience with their KC pro's.

I'll have to try these out soon and report back, but just by feel, they seem pretty overstable new.

I just got a XT Roc with my T3 shipment. It is nice and flat and pretty overstable (compared to a new dx). I like it so far, just curious how it will break in.

xshGEET.jpg

I just got the XT BB Aviar from the factory store. I like the feel of the grip immediately. The weight was kinda disappointing: 173g, but a few grams doesn't matter too much. I did notice the disc was a bit warped when I received it: the sides were bent in, so the disc would wobble when put flat on the bead. I stretched the disc in the other direction, and lo and behold, the disc righted itself and felt/looked normal again. Who would've guessed!

uOHTzf4.jpg

Here is the XT BB Aviar next to a brand new KCPro Aviar (tourney prize). PLH is almost identical. However, when I threw both (identically in power and height, as best to my ability), I found the XT had more glide. More specifically: to get the putter out further, I threw it high....and the new KC Aviar would start fading earlier than the XT BB Aviar, which would hold its line longer and get a bit more distance. This could be due to the XT plastic, which I felt was grippier than the KC slickness.

When thrown low and flat, both flew similarly, though I felt there was a pinch more stability in the XT Aviar. I was very happy with the stability, and I didn't seem to have any grip issue with the plastic. I am interested to see how it wears in over time.

Last edited:

Latest posts