• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XXL Star Firebird?

SuperWookie

Birdie Member
Anyone know the deal with these slightly older Star XXL Firebirds? Good, bad? Flat or slightly domey? Super O/S or a little bit better of a thrower? And most importantly, how does it compare to the other FB's (champ, star, color glows, Sexton, etc)?

Seems like they're just Star Firebirds with a big old stamp. Probably all over in terms of dome because It's Innova. Just a guess though, never threw one.

They were fine standard Star FBs IMO, nothing crazy special but very solid.

They were fine standard Star FBs IMO, nothing crazy special but very solid.

So how would one of these discs throw compared to the color glow Sexton FB's? And what about the disc shape and feel? How are they going to differ?

So how would one of these discs throw compared to the color glow Sexton FB's? And what about the disc shape and feel? How are they going to differ?

Which year? Every Sexon is a little different.

IMO it's about the same as the 2018 I threw, and feel was close, but domes range from mild to pretty domey for an FB.

Which year? Every Sexon is a little different.

IMO it's about the same as the 2018 I threw, and feel was close, but domes range from mild to pretty domey for an FB.

I'm asking about these XXL FBs. How do they compare to a regular Star FB (the newer ones. Same for how does it compare to the new Color Glow Sexton FBs? Throwing wise? Just wondering out of the XXL Star, new Color Glow Sexton, and regular newer Champ FBs, which ones are the best throwers? Least amount of instant hard left fade? And best distance? Thanks

I'm asking about these XXL FBs. How do they compare to a regular Star FB (the newer ones. Same for how does it compare to the new Color Glow Sexton FBs? Throwing wise? Just wondering out of the XXL Star, new Color Glow Sexton, and regular newer Champ FBs, which ones are the best throwers? Least amount of instant hard left fade? And best distance? Thanks

Haha, you may like the opposite of what I like if you want least amount of hard fade. You want domey Stars, some of these are domey and have some glide. You would either have to buy a few or feel them to be sure though.