• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-Y U no buy from Marketplace?-

I have two awesome stores near me that will order whatever I want in whatever plastic or weight. I have a slew of disc golf collectors in my area that have all the OOP I could ever want. Why would I spend my time supporting somebody across the nation when I can support the person I play golf with every week or so?

:thmbup: :clap: :cool:

Your Five dollars does not support the mp it supports this site. Please pony up before we here about you on the news if anything happens to this site.....

No thanks, I support this site in other ways than financially. But yes, I WOULD end up on the news if anything ever happened to this website. I am a maniac! :eek:

Last edited:
I don't buy from the marketplace because I do not need to buy discs....

ALL I DO IS WIN WIN.....;)

:popcorn:

(says the guy with 200 feedback who has never won in the advanced division without using charity mulligans)

I use the MP and have helped people with last min funds for a tournament. I normally look at it while at work so link and some pics dont work, but i use google or go to the makers site to see the disc.

I'm also re-learning the game, understanding how discs wear, and throw a lot of base plastic. Many of the discs on the MP are used to some degree, and that hampers my learning if I pick up something without an understanding of how much it has been used...Good topic b3nder.

to me, one of the best parts of the MP is cheap used base plastic. the most beat (and awesome) aviar in my bag is one i got from bmast on here for 7 or 8 bucks. he didn't make much on it, i got a few from him so he saved a bit on shipping. but it was already perfectly broken in. it would take thousands and thousands of throws to get to that point. i haven't been playing long enough to get discs to that point. and if you have any consistency with your throwing, you should be able to pick up a used disc (of something you already throw) and throw it 5-10 times and know what it does. if it works, keep it. i not, try to sell/trade local and save on shipping.

I used to when it was free. Call me a biatch if you want but I won't pay to use the marketplace. For the number of hours I have spent discovering and posting new course, taking/uploading pictures, updating hole info, adding links and files, changing picture orders proper on random course, etc... I won't pay money out of my pocket on top of that. Just having a website with reference as accurate as this is more than enough. This place is like a second home to me, and if it got shut down, or I got banned or something, I would LOSE MY MIND! :)

Just my 2 cent..

you're a biatch. sounds like we all owe you something for your grand contributions. here ya go:

pat_on_the_back.jpg

i'm certainly grateful for all of the course info i've gotten from this website, out of the 50ish courses i've played - at least 70% have been helped or made possible because of this site. i got to play 4 awesome courses in TX on vacation because i'd dealt discs with booter and he picked me up and drove on two separate days so that i could play out there.

i thank everyone who has made contributions to this site in any form. everything here (in various capacities) adds to our communal experience as both online and real-world DG communities. but the real person to thank here in timg, who made it all possible. i know it took a ton of work and $$ and time before he ever made a penny on this site. even if you feel like you've paid your dues and 'earned' a membership to the site, that's all the more reason to have one. by contributing a little cash, you can help ensure that more people will have access to the information that has been contributed by everyone as a whole. that's kind of the point of the internet.

i'd been a regular user for almost 3 years before I got my first crown. And to be completely honest I feel like a dirtbag. I'd gotten way too much enjoyment/info/etc from this site to not contribute. as long as i continue to use it, i'll be a paying member. and if timg can actually make some coin on it now, that's perfectly ok with me.

Y U people in the marketplace never have anything me want ?

Feebay has stupid people that dont know what they're selling, thats the fun part, alla peeps in here go to the
" Whats this disc worth " thread first, then tack on a few bucks because thier disc is "speshal" cause it has an extra swirl in it.

I wish more people in the MP were into trading discs then just selling them. I don't really want to buy any discs most of the time, but I have plenty sitting around that I would trade for new stuff to try out.

I've only used it a bit. I too find it a bit cumbersome and overwhelming. I don't deal enough to have a useful though as to meaningful improvements, but I know I hate sifting through all sorts of stuff.

...you're a biatch. sounds like we all owe you something for your grand contributions. here ya go:

pat_on_the_back.jpg

Wow, thanks for the pat on the back! Next time cut your finger nails and wash your hands first though. You left your stank on my shirt.

...to be completely honest I feel like a dirtbag...

Nice, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Good boy!

Last edited:
I wish more people in the MP were into trading discs then just selling them. I don't really want to buy any discs most of the time, but I have plenty sitting around that I would trade for new stuff to try out.

This has become my biggest problem with the marketplace. Since it went to a pay to post site, the number of trade threads has gone down dramatically. I don't collect a lot of special plastic, but do like trying new plastic. I would much rather trade to try something, but if I can't I'm going to the wrightlife to trade in discs and get the new disc I want on store credit. I take a huge hit because it cost me like 3 of mine for 1 of theirs, but I'm paying.

Id be more into trading if someone offered me something that was of the same value as what I had for sale/trade.

The MP is becoming cumbersome. There are still a few who make transactions easy and for those people, thanks.

I used to buy in the MP by posting wanted threads and buying from people, but I can't do that now without a subscription, so I just buy from Marshall street or feebay or whatever. I don't care about the money. It's all about convenience. That, and I don't like having to pay for something I used to get for free with no expectation that I would have to start paying for it. It's too "bait and switch" for me.

Agree on the "too many sticky threads" comments.. and also the comment about the people who don't take in to consideration shipping when offering you less than $10 for an 8/10 or better champ/star. It's quite annoying when someone gets upset with you because you declined their offer of $8 by saying they can go get the same exact disc brand new for $15 so why should I pay you $12? Because you aren't paying me $12 for the disc.. you're paying me about $9 for the disc and about $3 for shipping. But I've gotten a decent amount of discs that are in my bag, from the MP. Whether it be from buying or trading. I didn't mind paying the $5 because I knew I would make that back with in my first posting.

As a guy whose wife will not let him spend money, the MP is the perfect place for me to trade tournament winnings for stuff I actually want.

I agree about the shipping ^^ I know people are buying a disc for however much but take 2.65 away from that and thats what I am getting. Im not trying to make bank on here, just trying to get rid of stuff I dont need or want.

Im also getting tired of people trying to get something for nothing or haggling over a few dollars.

I hear you. I paid for my membership despite rarely using the marketplace as a way to help pay for the bandwidth I waste from hitting the "All New Posts" link all day long. Being able to create a thread in the MP is just a bonus.

^ Kinda how I feel. I bought a crown primarily as a means to pay for shipping one of my TR's minis. I realize postage isn't that much, but when you multiply by all the TR mini's Tim must have sent out, it's gotta add up- just wanted to cover costs associated with getting mine to me. Renewed a year later as much as I use this site, I simply think it's well worth it. Being able to start MP threads is just bonus. Strangely enough, I never used the MP prior to the $5 rule, only since. I suppose I could use the search feature like Tim suggested - but I can't imagine I'll ever be (or want to be) an MP rat.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll go premium (if only I could get my game to go premium, :rolleyes: ) just because I want help ensure the health of the site - it really is an amazing resource. I might even make use of the road trip feature.

Anyway, I appreciate Tim running DGCR like public radio for the most part: you get to decide what it's worth to you, whether you want to contribute, and how much. I just want to do my small part to make sure this resource remains healthy and financially viable.