• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-Y U no buy from Marketplace?-

I hear you. I paid for my membership despite rarely using the marketplace as a way to help pay for the bandwidth I waste from hitting the "All New Posts" link all day long. Being able to create a thread in the MP is just a bonus.

^ Kinda how I feel. I bought a crown primarily as a means to pay for shipping one of my TR's minis. I realize postage isn't that much, but when you multiply by all the TR mini's Tim must have sent out, it's gotta add up- just wanted to cover costs associated with getting mine to me. Renewed a year later as much as I use this site, I simply think it's well worth it. Being able to start MP threads is just bonus. Strangely enough, I never used the MP prior to the $5 rule, only since. I suppose I could use the search feature like Tim suggested - but I can't imagine I'll ever be (or want to be) an MP rat.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll go premium (if only I could get my game to go premium, :rolleyes: ) just because I want help ensure the health of the site - it really is an amazing resource. I might even make use of the road trip feature.

Anyway, I appreciate Tim running DGCR like public radio for the most part: you get to decide what it's worth to you, whether you want to contribute, and how much. I just want to do my small part to make sure this resource remains healthy and financially viable.

sorry for going on, guess I kinda got going like a nasty rollaway putt.

My favorite disc is the PD, but I like them about a 7.5 or 8 on the beat scale. Buying a new one is $17, and I still have the process of beating it in. On the marketplace I can get one quite a bit cheaper and ready to throw the lines I want. Athough they are harder to come by these days. good thing have have quite a few back ups. Where else can you go and think you are C-PD's and end up getting a couple CFR PDs in the mail.

i no longer buy from the marketplace (except for a few trusted sellers) because the posters here seem to clique up and support the dishonest actions of their online friends for feedback scores

I prefer to buy from my local shop and support them. Fred at The Nati has helped me and my dad with our game for free, so the least I can do is spend my money in his shop.

I get great deals on the MP, but i just buy too many discs that are good deals that I don't really need. I do like it better than ebay because people know the actual worth of a disc. Plus you can post anything you want and someone will pm with it.

If the MP is not upgraded with more user friendly features and easier searches, etc., it will be at risk of dying off as other easier options surface over time.

Some long time DGCRers have told me they started moving to various new Facebook pages, etc. So it is interesting to talk about this today, but if this sites does not get upreved, it will become what myspace is to facebook today.

And I know that is gonna upset some people, but sites are about traffic, and the traffic will move eventually once slicker, easier options are readily available. And yes, someday, even Prerube will prerube you on those other sites, but it will be even easier for him to do it to you because prior topics/threads will be even easier to find.

Heck, there might even be some thread auto-sensing pattern recognition software that auto-prerubes you and it will put Prerube out of business.

I used to buy in the MP by posting wanted threads and buying from people, but I can't do that now without a subscription, so I just buy from Marshall street or feebay or whatever. I don't care about the money. It's all about convenience. That, and I don't like having to pay for something I used to get for free with no expectation that I would have to start paying for it. It's too "bait and switch" for me.

Don't you realize all the threads you've created to help improve your form and to discuss new molds you want to try actually costs money to show in the thread lists? Bandwidth, hosting fees, etc. It cracks me up that people have no idea what it costs someone else for them to participate on the site and then complain about $5 (for something that saves them money over shopping at retailers)...

i no longer buy from the marketplace (except for a few trusted sellers) because the posters here seem to clique up and support the dishonest actions of their online friends for feedback scores

you are a little crazy, but that's your perogative, because I would assume half of the people on this site don't like my internet persona, but I can tell you that I have done business with some and they don't think twice about selling to me, and I don't think twice about buying from them. the market place is separate from the general chat forum.

edit: and I don't care if they have an I trader of 300 or 3. you have to trust everyone on this forum in order to buy anything on here. that's just me I guess.

Last edited:
I like scanning through the mp but I dont really care for pay pal, just trading. Most of my trades have been easy and fast on discaroo. I can search for what I want and see what people want in return. I would like to donate to the site just because I enjoy it and support it. And I heard there was a hidden sub forum for donating members. Its mainly more to do with only being interested in trades, and not having many discs that I dont want.

I like scanning through the mp but I dont really care for pay pal, just trading. Most of my trades have been easy and fast on discaroo. I can search for what I want and see what people want in return. I would like to donate to the site just because I enjoy it and support it. And I heard there was a hidden sub forum for donating members. Its mainly more to do with only being interested in trades, and not having many discs that I dont want.

I became a paid member before the MP fees. I buy the $25 annual deal. If you travel and want to plan courses for your trips the $25 is worth it. The Trip Planner is nice.

loves the marketplace.

wish more people spent some time there.

i'd say well over half my throwers came from the MP. i like used discs with some juju, good or bad. it's just fun that way. and you can find some goodies for great prices here. a lot of my go-to and favorite discs came from here!

I havent sold anything on there in while, and until this thread, wasn't aware a fee had become needed to post. I can understand that, but also feel its kinda silly since it went so long without having one

I wish there was a way where people could only have one sale thread. if a new one was created it would automatically combine their old one with the new one, or delete the old one all together. For example; people getting roc3's selling and trading, then creating a new thread with the new(er) rocs.

It is a cluttered mess. I dont know that anyone can disagree with that. Sucks for us small time people that dont have collections like booter/apdryva/etc (only names I could actually think of) that want to push not collector or top of the line plastic

Don't you realize all the threads you've created to help improve your form and to discuss new molds you want to try actually costs money to show in the thread lists? Bandwidth, hosting fees, etc. It cracks me up that people have no idea what it costs someone else for them to participate on the site and then complain about $5 (for something that saves them money over shopping at retailers)...

^ this

:hfive:

I dont disagree with you often. but I think the 5 bucks should be limited to sellers. not buyers. of any kind. posting wanted threads should be free. or, make it 5 bucks for everybody! to see reviews, or read anything on the site. the reason this wont work is because the internet and forums are great because they are free. a totally different approach would be to start taxing the rich, like our govt. once you get to the 20+ transactions you should pay an increased membership. anyone who wants to sell more than 20 times should have to buy the premium.

I dont disagree with you often. but I think the 5 bucks should be limited to sellers. not buyers. of any kind. posting wanted threads should be free. or, make it 5 bucks for everybody! to see reviews, or read anything on the site. the reason this wont work is because the internet and forums are great because they are free. a totally different approach would be to start taxing the rich, like our govt. once you get to the 20+ transactions you should pay an increased membership. anyone who wants to sell more than 20 times should have to buy the premium.

You make a valid point. The reason the charge was added was to deter the "shady" sellers, correct? Those looking for discs don't really fit that description.

Latest posts