• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-Y U no buy from Marketplace?-

Here's a question: are those of you who use the MP regularly satisfied with it?

^ Absolutely. Even now that I don't have a crown (which will change soon) I still find deals and discs I NEED (not want :doh:) on a daily...

I don't see why you would? (get in trouble I mean) People advertise their sale threads in their sigs on a daily basis....

I just realized that I have a joker crown. Not sure when I bought it. or that i even did. weird. seriously. WTF.

...because I have a local pro shop where I can go... and I don't have to pay for shipping

I just realized that I have a joker crown. Not sure when I bought it. or that i even did. weird. seriously. WTF.

Happy Birthday. I remember you buying it to get into the MP ( I think, I'm probably making this up though)

Another reason to not use the MP, although it might not be applicable to everyone.

A number of local area players who are associated with a certain home state disc & tournament host that recently became a manufacturer (who also help sponsor this website) are dumping their stock of the big two, in favor of going with house brand bags.

At a local charity tournament yesterday, I was able to scoop up some of these up from one of them for a bargain, and I know of another who's running some auctions on here right now. I could see exactly what I was buying. No need to request pictures or haggle over condition. No need to deal with shipping. No need on his part to wait for the money to arrive. It worked out very well.

I will not buy/sell on here after my subscription runs out.. its bull**** to have to pay money for a forum post.. that's just greedy.

Should be helping the sport expand, not holding it back with subscription fees.. wtf

I just prefer to buy in person. There is a swamp guy at every course around here as well as a half dozen stores with used sections. Plenty of good deals and seasoned discs to be found there. Also, nearly everyone ya play with has a pile of stuff for trade. I've never had a problem staying stocked up.

I do browse the mp from time to time but it seems like all the good deals get snatched up in a matter of minutes so it doesn't seem worthwhile.

I will not buy/sell on here after my subscription runs out.. its bull**** to have to pay money for a forum post.. that's just greedy.

Should be helping the sport expand, not holding it back with subscription fees.. wtf

So much fail here I don't know where to start. :wall: :doh:

You don't have to PAY to use the MP, only to start a new thread. So while your subscription is still good, why not make a sale thread you plan to use regularly, and stick with it.

damn you timg for being so greedy, to even have the AUDACITY to request that people donate 5 whole bucks in order to sell on your forum. A forum that is paid for with YOUR money, and the money that you collect from crowns,stickies and the other store items you sell for probably barely a profit, that goes right back into maintaining this server...I mean gassing up your Ferrari. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, what's greedy is entitlement oriented morons who didn't have to come to DGCR in the first place continuing to insist that that use of biggest bandwidth eating board on the site continue to be free of charge (which I might point out it still is for people not starting threads).

It's pretty time consuming to sift through a bunch of thread titles that don't tell you much. Generic things like "Everything Must Go" or "Big Lot For Sale" and the like don't help you. Then you get idiots who post stuff like "I put a light in my butt, makes it real bright in my butt." (real MP thread title, not made up). Thanks a lot buddy. That's real helpful.

It's pretty time consuming to sift through a bunch of thread titles that don't tell you much. Generic things like "Everything Must Go" or "Big Lot For Sale" and the like don't help you. Then you get idiots who post stuff like "I put a light in my butt, makes it real bright in my butt." (real MP thread title, not made up). Thanks a lot buddy. That's real helpful.

yeah that is kinda true but sometimes i do the same thing so i'm kinda guilty.

i just wish we could edit titles now that we pay for posting.

if i have a barstamped buzzz and put it in the title the thread still has that in the title forever even if the disc sold in 4minutes. so new thread or just edit title?

How can we make finding discs easier in the forum?

Marketplace is great. i buy a disc try it dont like it sell it or trade it in the mp. i loose money for sure, but i look at it as renting the discs i try until i keep them. I love the hunt. Trading is great too its a win win. yeah locally would be better, but not too many swaps around these parts. I will say you have to be in there a ton if you want to snag some deals. Making it easier to find discs and allowing editing of thread titles would be great.

I agree. I hate having to look through all the crap.

I just use the search function to look for specific discs, otherwise I'll look through the wierd titled sale threads just because they have a sense of humor. but you can definitely bypass all that by searching for the disc you want. good luck and happy hunting.

The Marketplace would really be ideal if you could just list one disc at a time. Kinda like the disc organizer but more geared towards the marketplace. It would definetly help with the organization of the whole thing.

Latest posts