• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-Y U no buy from Marketplace?-

sure it has been said, get tired of seeing the same guys thread over and over again. Oh but wait, He has combined threads!!! yeah...

Short answer
M.St. makes it so easy
They are great
I buy from the 2 local shops if they have what I want
If they don't have it - I look up M.St.

But the biggest reason is:

this site (like most other larger boards) doesn't really make a new guy feel welcome, until you have 10,000 posts
so why would I want to spend my money with you?

Last edited:
^^it would make sense to have the username be the thread title, and then within it, a disc organizer thing. Once sold, its deleted from the thread and it can continue on with what is left instead of creating new threads each time something sells. It would also eliminate the 48390283 threads for RC3's for example. Thus, searching would still bring up only what is IN those threads, rather than a thread that has it in the title and is sold within minutes, but there is still a dx valk for sale keeping the thread open

So much fail here I don't know where to start. :wall: :doh:

You don't have to PAY to use the MP, only to start a new thread. So while your subscription is still good, why not make a sale thread you plan to use regularly, and stick with it.

damn you timg for being so greedy, to even have the AUDACITY to request that people donate 5 whole bucks in order to sell on your forum. A forum that is paid for with YOUR money, and the money that you collect from crowns,stickies and the other store items you sell for probably barely a profit, that goes right back into maintaining this server...I mean gassing up your Ferrari. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1. I sell very few discs on here.. Not even to make money. I usually loose money when i sell on here unfortunately. At least im helping people get some good plastic for great prices.

2. It takes pennies to run a website like this.. i own several websites and they cost little to nothing to run each month off my web server.. dont fool people. If your costs are high it is because you dont have good hosting and your getting screwed in the bum. Do your homework, find better hosting if your getting screwed, its easy to make a domain transfer.

Dont force poeple to donate in order to make a thread in the Marketplace in the name of your bad choice in hosting.

I suggest people join the disc trading/selling group on facebook and its free!

Or maybe i will make another forum myself and offer free buy/sell of discs, like it should be.

Another thing, you should be making plenty of money off advertisements, and again, if your not making much on advertisements, then you need to think about your advertisement pricing/strategy because this site gets enough traffic that adverts should be bringing in enough money to pay for everything and then some so you can buy your weed, beer, or whatever you do on your free time...

Don't talk to me about greed. I volunteer monthly my free time to help build and support course development in my area and run tournaments on a regular basis, using any money we make to put back into the courses and give free plastic donations to young kids in the area to help get them involved in disc golf.

What do you do? Never mind.. i already know the answer to that.

C'mon, it's totally ridiculous that you don't provide a service mostly unrelated to the original purpose of the site totally for free. Especially when it financially benefits the users and not you. :|

I'm going to have to update my $7/month hostgator plan soon.

"there are just so many threads, and so many discs to look through; it is confusing and actually takes time to find things I would like to spend my money on. I wish there were less discs being sold, and only the ones that I want show up when I look on here."

damn you timg for being so greedy, to even have the AUDACITY to request that people donate 5 whole bucks in order to sell on your forum. A forum that is paid for with YOUR money, and the money that you collect from crowns,stickies and the other store items you sell for probably barely a profit, that goes right back into maintaining this server...I mean gassing up your Ferrari. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This may the the robot's best use of sarcasm ever. I'm pretty sure TimG is not making a ton of money of this site, and really wouldn't have a problem if he was.

2. It takes pennies to run a website like this.. i own several websites and they cost little to nothing to run each month off my web server.. dont fool people. If your costs are high it is because you dont have good hosting and your getting screwed in the bum. Do your homework, find better hosting if your getting screwed, its easy to make a domain transfer.

Wow man, really pennies huh? I have no affliation with DGCR on a build standpoint but you must be out of the loop. Don't be a jackass know it all if you don't know s**t. And what does transfering the domain, a DNS change, have anything to do with who is hosting the content, an A record. :thmbdown:

The MP frustrates me because of so many "open" threads. People should 1) lock them once the discs are sold. 2) "Sold" threads should be able to be removed from the MP entirely.

1. I sell very few discs on here.. Not even to make money. I usually loose money when i sell on here unfortunately. At least im helping people get some good plastic for great prices.

Dont force poeple to donate in order to make a thread in the Marketplace in the name of your bad choice in hosting.

I suggest people join the disc trading/selling group on facebook and its free!

Or maybe i will make another forum myself and offer free buy/sell of discs, like it should be.

Another thing, you should be making plenty of money off advertisements, and again, if your not making much on advertisements, then you need to think about your advertisement pricing/strategy because this site gets enough traffic that adverts should be bringing in enough money to pay for everything and then some so you can buy your weed, beer, or whatever you do on your free time...

Don't talk to me about greed. I volunteer monthly my free time to help build and support course development in my area and run tournaments on a regular basis, using any money we make to put back into the courses and give free plastic donations to young kids in the area to help get them involved in disc golf.

What do you do? Never mind.. i already know the answer to that.

if it was easy discaroo wouldn't be so crappy!!! :D

Latest posts