• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-Y U no buy from Marketplace?-

nothing like looking for a thread and bring up some Gems like this.

Here comes the necrobumpin' bumpin'.

*waves hands in the air like it's 1993*

altered_beast_profilelarge.jpg

A better question is "Y U no use DGCR Disc Organizer?"

The search functionality of the DGCR Disc Organizer for finding discs you are looking for far exceeds that of the MP threads and Ebay.

i have a "thing" about buying used discs.

i can't dye a disc for my own use if someone else owned it first, unless it's unused.

i want white discs whenever possible.

i don't think i've ever really seen a disc i want in the MP, aside from the legacy blanks. and that was posted in the dye forum i think . . .

Since this thread's last appearance, I have bought a few discs off the MP - once in a while it is fun to snoop around for a bargain.

I'll also say that every transaction I've had there has been very good to excellent.

Last edited:
The only time that I ever used the MP was some months back when a member from a neighboring state had some Sidewinders for sale. I just happened to have the dumb stupid luck to catch the thread title in the last post feature on the main forum board. I PM'ed him. He PM'ed me back. I went to Paypal and that was that. He shipped them the next day. From the time, he posted the thread until he was paid, I doubt ten minutes had elapsed.

The search functionality of the DGCR Disc Organizer for finding discs you are looking for far exceeds that of the MP threads and Ebay.
I do use the disc organizer, but I've acquired so much new plastic, and have lost, traded or benched so much of my existing stock that I pretty much have to start over. Nonetheless, if the MP ran off such a feature, I'd be tempted to use it more often.

I don't use the MP because I'm not a collector, I dont get that anyway..so I don't need that rare original first run pearly,,, yadda yadda yadda

Disc are relatively inexpensive, so I just prefer to buy new.. plus as a newbie there are great online sources that advertises here, that give a description of the disc I need this, they offer many different colors weights, + free shipping (hard to beat)

I've bought and sold from the MP, but I'm certainly no "power user." I think it's pretty good, but only as good as the people who use it. I think it's particularly effective for stuff that's out of the ordinary and/or bargains. If what you have is run of the mill, you need to price it fairly well below what the lowest price retailers get, otherwise why should anyone buy from you when they can most likely get the weight/color they want from a retailer?

As for the disc organizer , I just find its too hard to keep up with as things turnover and I acquire/sell discs on an ongoing basis, and apparently many others feel the same way, hence it's never really up to date, so how good a tool can it be buy/sell?

I find it easier to simply check the posts in the MP, and look at the pix. :thmbup:

I don't use the MP because I'm not a collector, I dont get that anyway..so I don't need that rare original first run pearly,,, yadda yadda yadda

Disc are relatively inexpensive, so I just prefer to buy new.. plus as a newbie there are great online sources that advertises here, that give a description of the disc I need this, they offer many different colors weights, + free shipping (hard to beat)

I have got a lot of deals on the marketplace for discs that are not collectors, just discs I want to try out. A lot of times brand new or lightly used for a few bucks under the popular websites' prices with shipping included in that price... and on most occasions I have received them faster as well.

The question is, can you find the disc you want in the sea of posts? Sometimes, not really. I keep an eye open either way.

I don't have the time and energy to sift through posts to buy discs, or organize, advertise and ship my own. Plus, I don't know enough about them to think I could pick the right x10, Rancho, domey Roc or whatever that would somehow work better for me, and I'd rather find the current disc I can buy new from the store that works for me when I play.

In short, I'm not a big enough DG geek...yet.

I don't have the time and energy to sift through posts to buy discs, or organize, advertise and ship my own. Plus, I don't know enough about them to think I could pick the right x10, Rancho, domey Roc or whatever that would somehow work better for me, and I'd rather find the current disc I can buy new from the store that works for me when I play.

In short, I'm not a big enough DG geek...yet.

There is plenty of stuff that isn't niche, old or specific in some way. I have bought a bunch of stuff that are just current runs of pretty standard discs. Some people bought, tried out in a field and didn't want to keep. Others, are straight up brand new never thrown. I got a brand new Ion once for like $13 shipping included, brand new never thrown. Many people are also very willing to give you some good deals if you buy multiples.

It's just kind of hard to pay for stuff on the MP with cash, and trading is a headache. Half the time I have to trade off one of my backups because they won't take anything I actually want to trade. Everyone is so specific on their trades. "I want buzzzes. But only 170.3g, and 10/10" or "Looking to try out new Prodigy" ... but I only wanted a supersoft wizard ... guess I'll take that dx roc I'll never throw too, since you only want $20 discs.

It's worse when I'm the on offering. "I'm interested in these 10 discs. Can you get me pics etc?" Sure, here you go. "Yeah, I want that one. What's your paypal name?" Don't have one. Thanks for wasting an hour of my time; I specifically said trades only.

And I'm sure people hate dealing with me to "You don't take paypal? WTF?" I'd rather just go get a little screwed at pias.

The Mp seems confusing to me, no instant pay option, no way to search for specific discs. And quite often the prices are not lower than discgolfcenter, etc...

I have not used the market place and am not really tempted.

Absolute zero interest in collector / wallhangers / oop / funky stamps. Shops in my local area carry pretty much what I want. I have ordered online a couple of times from major retailers, but not frequently enough to bother with trying to find the best deal possible.

Latest posts