• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yelling "clear" on blind holes?

What's fun is when somebody throws on your group and THEN you yell "clear"!

Gets the etiquette message across, loud and ... well ... clear :D

Classic! I'm gonna use that one!

The other day somebody threw on us without yelling fore so I used the stick trick I learned from another player. I walked over and placed about 5 small sticks in a cris-cross pattern on top of his disc. It's non-confrontational and seems to get the message across.

The other day somebody threw on us without yelling fore so I used the stick trick I learned from another player. I walked over and placed about 5 small sticks in a cris-cross pattern on top of his disc. It's non-confrontational and seems to get the message across.

I thought it was disc golf gnomes leaving sticks on my drives!

I almost always remember to yell "clear!" or smack the chains extra hard with my disc if its not that long of a hole. If I'm wondering if someone is on the hole I just got to I will take a walk up the fairway to check.
i like smacking the chains on a blind hole when someone in the group behind you lands close to the basket. Then wait till later when all the groups are standing around bsing and hes talking about his near ace, and then we tell everyone and laugh at him.:)

It's good disc golf etiquette to yell clear on any holes where it's not obvious, unless the people behind you threw on you, then you can yell it to send a subtle message.

Anyway, some choose to yell clear more than others, It helps with safety and speed of play.

I yell clear if I know there is someone behind me waiting to throw. I also look to see if there is anyone in front of me before I throw. There have been a few times someone was in the rough looking for a disc & I didn't see them, as well as times someone didn't see me & threw.

I often do this if I know there is a group behind me and they can see that I have finished the hole.

I usually will walk around and atleast try to peak before I toss blindly myself, but I still always make sure to yell "clear."

I like yelling "clear" and holding up my disc as I walk away from a non-blind hole...after I see that the group behind me has already thrown. After I do that on two holes they usually stop throwing before I finish :D

I allways give a clear call on holes when I'm not sure if someone else has finished, or if I've just thrown a blind hole, and theres someone behind me. But quite often when I'm out on a course there are groups, typicly newbs, that don't know how to do this simple action.:rolleyes:

I usually jump up and yell, "QUEER!!" at the top of my lungs. They don't know the difference.

Thanks for the tip, we have a newly designed and completed back nine with two blind holes - I'll put this in the rules for our tournament on the 19th!

if I am in a joiking mood, I will go with "queer or beer"
If I am truley concerned I will either give a "clear on X?" if I am going to tee off, and a "clear on X!" if I know someone is waiting.

When I'm playing with a female I usually say "nice butt" after they hole out.

I like the bell idea. It is used on a few ball golf courses that I play. However, this would not be too helpful if there were several bells on one course with several blind shots.

Yelling "Clear on __" sounds good.