• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Yet newer Flat top Champ Cobras and Stingrays?

Voucher:

img20120117191449.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoS1MCF8AeI

I had a chance to throw a prototype "Super Stingray" and a retooled Champ Cobra. Rumor has it that Final 9 Sports in Orangevale CA are going to use these two new discs to promote there new shop opening in Rocklin CA. Only had a chance to throw them a couple times so I couldnt get a chance to really evaluate how different or similar they are to the original. Cant wait to get my hands on some though.

Uh-oh...i dunno what "SUPER" means here ^

I hope they didn't tinker with it much. The coolest thing about those discs is that few discs fly those lines at that low a speed.

This is the PDGA "ask Dave" quote Booter referred to

The new Champion Stingray and Cobras fly as if they were new. The Cobra flies like a long Roc and the Stingray flies like a shorter Leopard. These are from the Flat top Ontario mold, but really don't fly like their DX brothers. I can't turn the Cobra over at all, and the Stingray is pretty darn straight, rather than a turning machine like the original or DX.

I like the "these are from the flat top ontario mold" part.

Preorder of the 1st Run Limited Edition of our newest releases the Champion Super Stingray & the Champion King Cobra. These are fundraiser discs for this year's St. Patrick's Classic only available here!

The King Cobra is a very long mid-range with flight characteristics similar to the Innova Roc. Featuring a lower profile and 'flat top' flight plate, throwers will notice more stability when throwing at higher speeds. With maximum glide, the King Cobra promises to strike fear into the hearts of the competition.
Flight Numbers [4|5|0|2]
http://www.final9sports.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=84

The Super Stingray is one of our longest Mid-Range disc and is suitable for all skill levels. Throwers will notice a predictable high speed turn with consistent finish. Recommended for long straight accurate shots. When compared to the traditional Stingray, the Super Stingray exhibits a bit more high speed stability, increased glide, and slightly more speed.
Flight Numbers [4|5|-1|1]
http://www.final9sports.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=402

wow, i want to buy some but i dont need to. i wonder why theyre calling them super stingray and king cobra. mold tweak? or prob just because theyre stable

wow, i want to buy some but i dont need to. i wonder why theyre calling them super stingray and king cobra. mold tweak? or prob just because theyre stable

Im guessing because they are more stable than their normal counterparts and this way they dont get mixed up?

I think they are using the old mold too so that may be why. But they change the mold all the time without name changes

I have a Xout champ stingray that I would be interested in letting go of. Im not sure if it is CE or exactly how to tell. Disc is probably about 7/10 very faded ink on back and small ink in rim.

Ill be working that tournament. Hopefully its not pouring like last year. Totally far out that these discs are coming out with my home course on the stamp.

Did I just say totally far out?