• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ymca in Bedford, Va

bwiese

Eagle Member
The Bedford YMCA bought 9 more baskets and soon will have a 18 hole course with 2 sets of tees. It will be red and white level tees. Most of the land is wooded, but it will have maybe 5 holes out in the open.

The Y currently has 9 holes that is a putter course that if played by alot of people would be dangerous. The redesign is going to make this a lagit course. I am sure there will be a fee to play unless you are a member. I dont know any specifics, but will post up and declair the course when the lady who runs the Y approves it.

Vince Whorley is designing the new one with the help of the guy that did sontag and the old one was a guy that worked at the Y. Are you getting ready for the vti?

good deal- vince will do a good job.

currently have vegan ray working on vti art for this year and i've done a bit of trolling for high-end team members. started cleaning the course up a bit last week as well but it's sort of pointless to try to do too much of that too far in advance.

I have walked with vince and what he has set is going to be really cool. He has a few holes he still wants to iron out.

I might get to go to the vti this year with vinces team (as a spectator). I probably am not going to make the cut for a player, but want to see the tourney I have heard alot about.

Played this course today and enjoyed it. Was a little trouble navigating but we figured it out pretty quickly. Looks like it needs to be played more and get the paths worn in better. Is there a reason why no one has entered course data on this site so we can log scores?

Played this course today and enjoyed it. Was a little trouble navigating but we figured it out pretty quickly. Looks like it needs to be played more and get the paths worn in better. Is there a reason why no one has entered course data on this site so we can log scores?

If no one else has done it yet, why don't you enter it then? It'll help future players who are in the same boat as you right now.

Hey Razor, I tried to play this course last spring, didn't turn out well. No signage, almost impossible to figure out. Is there signage or a map now?

no signage that I saw. Some baskets had 2 numbers on them. Thankfully we had a player that had played last years Brawl and remembered the way, even then he had to stop and think about which way. After the Y and went to Falling Creek and fought the wind then we hit the 9 hole in Moneta later that day.

I'm not going to enter the course without the distances and other info needed to do it correctly. sorry.

Last time I was there, there was a bulletin board up with a course map.

It has a natural flow until hole 14, that's where you can get lost quickly.

Latest posts