• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You Get Four Discs...

Wreck

Par Member
Thought this would be fun:

To make this more realistic, we'll say the course you'll be playing has an average hole length of 300'. The shortest hole is heavily wooded 180' tunnel shot. The longest hole is a grip it and rip it, slightly downhill, 700' par 4. Assume that 2/3 of the course is fairly wooded, with 1/3 of the holes being VERY wooded. Using the average length, we can assume that most holes are 300' and under, while 1/3 of the holes are lightly wooded to wide open. No more than 3 holes are over 450'. Elevation changes are moderate, with one hole having extreme elevation change and being around 250'. Pin positions are evenly distributed with 1/3 of holes turning left, 1/3 turning right, and 1/3 positioned in a neutral position (straight out from tee).

You get 4 discs, one disc for each "slot": Putter, Mid, Fairway, Driver. What do you use? Don't say..."if it were this, I'd use this," or "When I throw this shot, I do this," Answer the question as is.

ANSWER IN THIS FORMAT:

Putter:
Mid:
Fairway:
Driver:

Comments:

I'll start...

Putter:175 SS Wizard
Mid:175 Z Buzzz
Fairway: 174 Z Stalker
Driver: 170 P-PD

Comments: I tried to pick discs that I use for a multitude of shots...duh.

Putter: 172 JK Aviar
Mid: Slightly beat ESP Buzzz (not quite flippy, but can be flipped) Weight unknown
Fairway: 175 Champ Leopard
Driver: 170 Champ Wraith

Last edited:
Putter: S Magic
Mid: Z Buzzz
Fairway: Proline Tsunami
Driver: Star Valkyrie

Comments: Please don't start an argument about what constitutes as a fairway driver.

Putter: 175 g Champ Aviar
Mid: 172 g VIP Warship
Fairway: 164 g Star TL
Driver: 172 g suuuuuper beat DX Valkyrie

Question: Can Teebird be substituted in the Driver slot because of its known distance potential?

Putter: 175g SS Wizard
Mid: 180g XG Roc+
Fairway: 175g 11x Champ Teebird
Driver: 175g *D Destroyer

Technically, I wanted to do Magic/Comet/Buzzz/Valkyrie but I figured I'd get more crap about the Buzzz being in the fairway slot than the Tsunami in there.

I will only have to remove one disc from my bag, and I don't really care about it that much.

Wizard
Roc
Eagle
Flash

Am I the only one who sees 4/3rds of a course in the OP?

I see what ur referring to. When it says 2/3 fairly wooded, 1/3 VERY wooded...what I meant was that of the 2/3 that were wooded 1/3 were Very wooded. It was confusing...My B.

Putter: Rhyno
Mid: Roc
Fairway: Leopard
Driver: Destroyer

Comments: My four favorite discs in my bag. I feel like I could play well at any course with these 4 discs.

Putter: Newish 173 S Wizard
Mid: Newish 177 Z Buzzz
Fairway: Worn in 171 GL River
Driver: Newish 175 Opto Sword

That should just about do it for every shot except a real meathook. If I had a better FH it would be much easier to pick.

Putter: Soft Magnet
Mid: Z Buzzz
Fairway: Star Teebird
Driver: Star Wraith

Maybe swap the Buzzz for a Champ Coyote and the Teebird for a Star Eagle-X.

Latest posts