• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

I wish mine would atleast come out to the course with me. Might get her interested in trying it.

Try what I did. Take you wife and a practice basket to a field and let her practice. That's how I got my wife interested.

Try what I did. Take you wife and a practice basket to a field and let her practice. That's how I got my wife interested.

My wife has also shown interest in practice putting. She seems to enjoy the sport as a whole, but probably not joining the Womens division anytime soon.

My wife has also shown interest in practice putting. She seems to enjoy the sport as a whole, but probably not joining the Womens division anytime soon.

I can't even get my wife to hold a disc at the moment. My daughter on the other hand has thrown a few and is hooked. The wife knows she will be coming to the course when I take the little one so maybe she will try something then. She will watch us throw in the back yard but hasn't tried. If I put the basket away and get out a lid she will throw back and forth with us. I recently picked up a dx Sonic and might see if she will try throwing it since it is similar.

You know you're addicted to Disc Golf......IF you are not single AND played disc golf on Valentine's Day. If you did you may be single by the end of the day......
My girlfriend & I placed second in a mixed doubles tourney on Valentine's Day. :D

ERic

You know you're addicted to Disc Golf......IF you are not single AND played disc golf on Valentine's Day. If you did you may be single by the end of the day......

I am single, I played a round on V-day, and still managed to get a date that night. Maybe I won't be single for long. :cool:

Mine wants to join in when she can - as long as she is not in pain. I am hoping she'll feel more up to it and wants to play more often. I know my neighbor's kid is getting hooked onto it because she comes over and practices at my basket!

I finally got one to add...
When you get a bill that looks like this and you don't even have a job!

Wraith Disc Golf, Discs, Innova Star, 12x World Champion Ken Climo, 175, White
1 $14.99
Crush Disc Golf, Discs, Discraft Elite-Z Fly-Dyed, Tie-Dye, 173, Unique, 22341
1 $16.99
Wizard (Super Soft) Disc Golf, Discs, Gateway, Wizard S-Series, Standard, 172, Red
1 $11.99
Fade Tourney Bag (17-22) Disc Golf, Bags & Straps, Fade Gear Tourney, Water Resistant Nylon, 17-22, Garden Deli
1 $44.99
Golden Retriever Disc Golf, DG Accessories Steel Retriever, 50 ft of rope, Yellow
1 $24.99
Cart Total -- $113.95:eek:

I actually drove through a state park today specifically to see if there was any land in it suitable for a course.

I actually drove through a state park today specifically to see if there was any land in it suitable for a course.

I do this all of the time. Since the closest courses to me are just over an hour drive away, I set up my portables all of the time around here. Here's my list of holes that I've created.

18 at my house
15 (working on three more tomorrow) at Rocky Gap State Park near Cumberland, MD
9 at Constitution Park in Cumberland, MD
9 at Frankfort Middle School in Ridgeley, WV
7 at Dan's Mountain state park in Midland, MD
9 at Allegany College of Maryland in Cumberland, MD
2 in the parking lot of a hotel in Milfor, MA while on a training session for work

I think that this is about it. If anyone's ever around Cumberland with some more portable baskets, look me up and we can set up a temporary course or two.

wouldnt the parking lot really mess up your discs?

It was a big hotel with a big parking lot. The end that I was using was totally empty. I was really trying to throw over the parking lot and into grassy areas beyond each end of it, thus two holes. And yes, blacktop does = sandblasted discs! I only had a couple of my "scrubs" with me anyway as I didn't figure that I'd get to throw very much.

And really, laying out two holes in the parking lot was kind of a joke. :) I did throw in the parking lot, but they could hardly be called good holes.

All of the other places I mention, though, are 100% legit!

You see paintings like this and keep looking for the basket and the best line to take.

http://helensleeper.com/images/g6.jpg

It is either out of the picture left or right. I am hoping left but expecting right and will have to either buy a stable disc to throw forehand or count on my Sidewinder bending right with some anhy on it.

In other news, you know your addicted to disc golf when DGCR is your most visited web page. Just in case that hasn't been mentioned yet.

You see paintings like this and keep looking for the basket and the best line to take.

http://helensleeper.com/images/g6.jpg

Totally classic! I may never look at a landscape painting the same way again. Yeah, I think the basket is to the right, up the hill, behind the tree. Do you make the shorter and more risky shot of driving between the trees or take the safer but longer route by swinging it way left to right over the tree in the middle of the picture?

Latest posts