• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

You know you're addicted to DG when...

you request help on a disc golf forum in getting Disc Golf icons for your computer. - referenced thread

You know you're addicted to Disc Golf When you refer to ball golf as, well.... ball golf.:cool:

you may be addicted to disc golf when..........

you read these "you may be addicted " lines,identify with almost all of them and then think "I gotta go hit the course - NOW !"
the only other one I would add is - you wait all day while it is pouring down rain and wait for the slightest break in the weather and then even though the skies are still dark and cloudy as long as its not thundering and lighting you hit the course and are glad the tees are concrete (as opposed to mud)

You know you are addicted to disc golf when you:

1.own the license plate "DISC GOLF" in your state
2.inherited tons of land in 1980 from your parents and make it into a personal 24 hole course
3. install elongated cement tee pads on said course
4. spend 14 hours a week mowing said course, maintaining it alone
5. live on the course
6. let other disc golfers CAMP on the course
7. make the course public, accepting, but not requiring, donations
8. create and give away custom scorecards and map
9. try and greet EVERY player that plays
10. Is named Bill McKenzie who owns Flip City Disc Golf in Shelby,MI

...just had to get this one in cause I don't think any of us will come close to his personal addiction. Thank you Bill.

the only other one I would add is - you wait all day while it is pouring down rain and wait for the slightest break in the weather (as opposed to mud)

Correction, you know you're addicted to Disc Golf when...
anytime it starts pouring rain, you immediately throw on an underarmor shirt and a swimsuit, and head out to your local course, hoping it keeps raining because you know then you won't have to wait to tee off. (then proceed to shoot your best round ever for that course)

Thats how I roll:cool:

...when you start quoting Caddyshack & Happy Gilmore lines on and off the course as if they were intended for disc golf all along.

When you are on this site every day even though you havn't been able to actually play in 2 months.

When your hanging with a group of friends and any time they goof up you say "You just got treed!".....and everyone in the group gets the joke!

When at work, during lunch, you and a coworker start tossing his putter into garbage cans from various distances and angles! Clean and empty fo course........Yes, WorldFamous and I have done this....too many times to mention.

When your wife knows the difference between DX, Star and Champion plastic. Guess it's payback for all those chick flicks I have to endure :rolleyes:

1. You tell your wife "Let's go to Waco this weekend and get a hotel and take the kids to the zoo and have a fun, spontanious, family time / mini-vacation weekend.", but your wife knows you're really thinking "There are three courses in Waco and two in Temple that I've never played. How can I play them all in one weekend?".

2. You come on this site and give a course a bad review because the grass is waste high but your own lawn has not been mowed in weeks because all you do is work all day and then play DG.

3. You ask your kids "Who wants to go to the park?" and all at the same time they say "not me".

4. Everywhere you look you envision potential pin placements.

5. Your family and friends are secretely planning an intervention.

6. You always know what time it gets dark.

7. Your wife gets mad at you when you watch the weather.

8. You have an extreme love / hate relationship with the wind.

9. Your boss writes you up for spending too much time on dgcoursereview.com but you don't even hear him talking because you're looking at his Colorodo wall calendar and thinking "that would be a great place for a course".

10. You regularly use the term KC in conversation but you're not talking about Kansas City.

When you take your wife to work, and while you are there, you turn the area out front with trees into a 9 hole object course.

You know you're addicted to disc golf when:
You're convinced some colors are more over stable than others.

You have to take your discs out of the car seat everytime you put your kid in.

And you find yourself thinking she'd probably be ok with just a seat belt.

Your friends want to know a bout a course they've never played and it's easier for them to ask you than to look it up online.

...you refer to drink lids as minis. "Oh look, there is a Sonic mini AND a McDonald's mini. I don't have either one of those in my collection. WhooHoo!" :D

Your drug counsler tells you "I think you have replaced your marijuana addiction with a disc golf addiction." True story she was right spent the money i saved from weed on a mach light.

Latest posts