• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

I mean after all, we do have these sessions, and not in that stuffy old office of yours anymore. Its your shot, doc.

I am a psychotherapist by trade, working mostly with adolescent boys. I have found that kids are much more willing to talk about issues when doing something else (drawing, playing catch, building something, etc.). It takes away the implications of "therapy" if you are doing something else and just talking. I often take boys out disc golfing, and have conducted lots of meaningful sessions while throwing the discs.

Good call, born:)

9. Your boss writes you up for spending too much time on dgcoursereview.com but you don't even hear him talking because you're looking at his Colorodo wall calendar and thinking "that would be a great place for a course".

It is a Great place!

You know you're addicted to DG when...

It takes you an hour to drive 12 miles to your local course because of freezing rain and snow, witness two 360s that end in gaurd rail destruction and see another two cars off the road, backwards in the ditch, just so you can play 18 holes.
I did it today. One of the wrecks was because a guy thought me and the cars in front of me going 35 miles were idiots, so he gunned passed me, fishtailed, spun around and slammed head on into the concrete highway divider. He was completely sideways on the interstate with a semi coming right at him. I thought he was dead. The semi's trailer slid sideways, but the driver managed to stay in control and bring it to a stop. (he was ok, btw, he hopped out of his demolished pick-up truck cursing and kicking.)
I got to the course thinking I'd have the place to myself. I was so excited and thinking about trying to learn sidearm, practice rollers, and other such experimental stuff you wouldn't normally do on the course. I'll be damned if there weren't 35-40 other half-frozen discflingers out there smiling.
I love this sport.
winterchains.jpg

You broke your glasses this morning, and can barely see the computer screen, but you know this site well enough to navigate it without being able to make out anything too well.

Even though your glasses are broken, and you can't see the basket from 20' away, you ssay oh well i know the general direction of the course and the baskets so I'm playing!!!!

If after the steaks are on the grill at your mothers 60th birthday party you are sent to the store to get some ice and discover a 9 hole course and decide to play a quick round. If an hour later you are still trying to find the #9 tee pad because you spent 15 minutes helping somone find a disc that they lost after you accidentally talked in their backswing.

True story. This is when I knew I had a problem. I caught hell but that was one of the most memorable round of my life.

-You spent hours building a minibasket based on the designs from your home-made full size basket

-When you go outside and curse at the snow because your order of minidiscs from Disc Golf Center probably isn't going to come today.

True story. This is when I knew I had a problem.

Yup, you've got a problem alright!

Sidewinding, is that your younger brother on here? There seems to be great potential for cases of mistaken identity between you two.

Sidewinding, is that your younger brother on here? There seems to be great potential for cases of mistaken identity between you two.

We are all Disc Golf brothers right?
seriously between Sidewinding, Sidewindin' and Sidewindin22, even i'm confused. I don't even throw my sidewinder much anymore:(

Funny that we have 3 Sidewinder -based names, but I haven't seen anyone yet name himself "The Destroyer."

Latest posts