• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

(I'm RHBH).

I was playing ball golf and had about 150 to the pin, which is a nice smooth 8 for me.

It was a head wind. Instead of thinking "should go with a 7" or "better hit this firm" I thought "head win, better aim left so the ball will flip over and go right. Also, probably should hit it low incase it lifts."

I took a double bogey.

Going to play a tourny and camp all weekend, after having an infected wisdom tooth pulled yesterday... Hoping antibiotics and painkillers don't make my putting any worse :p

(I'm RHBH).

I was playing ball golf and had about 150 to the pin, which is a nice smooth 8 for me.

It was a head wind. Instead of thinking "should go with a 7" or "better hit this firm" I thought "head win, better aim left so the ball will flip over and go right. Also, probably should hit it low incase it lifts."

I took a double bogey.
Hahaha I just imagined a golf ball trying to fly that line. Good stuff man.

Going to play a tourny and camp all weekend, after having an infected wisdom tooth pulled yesterday... Hoping antibiotics and painkillers don't make my putting any worse :p

Hopefully they make it so you care less and you'll do better :D

...you have more than one bag, more specifically when you bought a second Competition bag less than 4 months ago, and then ordered a grip bag on monday :doh:

...when your spouse, deliberately to set you off like a firecracker, says "...your Frisbees..."

...your spouse is doing a nude photo shoot with a large group of other insanely hot models and you leave the set to go play a couple rounds

...you're at your wife's pole dance studio and instead of noticing all the booty shorts etc. you think "man, I could make sooooo many baskets out of the poles here"

...a hot girl from your wife's dance studio complained at dinner that she can't find a nice guy and your suggestion was to take up disc golf since there are tons of single eligible guys that play
...your wife notices you staring off and she asks if you're thinking about disc golf and not the hot women

When you find brand new never thrown discs in your garage that you have forgotten about!

I am sure this has already been mentioned as this is an old thread and a common issue amongst some of the guys I play with.

Rick G

When you use the word "fade" instead of "turn left" in everyday conversation. Like, "you're going to want to fade at the stop sign."

...you have more than one bag, more specifically when you bought a second Competition bag less than 4 months ago, and then ordered a grip bag on monday :doh:

Along similar lines, I was playing with another DGCRer a few weeks ago. We were talking and he mentioned that he was playing with "Bag C." We talked a bit and it ends up that he has his primary "A" bag, then B thru E backup bags. The first couple bags are basically duplicate, backup, discs of the same molds. Then the others bags have some other, similar, molds to the primaries.

I thought that this was pretty cool. It sounds like a good way to rotate the stock, and to try out different molds, too.

I just have a primary "big" bag with 18 discs and my "small" backup bag with just 11 discs. All of mine in my small bag are duplicate, backup, molds or discs that I'm breaking in. Plus when I was just in Maine at Woodland Valley and had the pick of hundreds of molds that I've never thrown, in all sorts of different plastics and brands... I just ended up with 5 more backups to discs already in my bag. I guess that this is a good thing, being happy with my current setup!

In any case, I'd say that we're all addicted. :D

Last edited:
^ :hfive: :hfive:

Undoubtedly. If you're on this forum that's already the first step to admitting you have a problem. :D

You know you're addicted when... you are driving to work and you are late and stop and waste more time because you noticed a basket in someone else's yard and you are trying to see what discs are in it!

I was diagnosed with mono today and my first question was "Oh...can I still play disc golf??"

When you get your new discs in, open the box, sort thru/touch everything until you get to the reason you made the order in the first place. That disc is my new Neutron Volt. You run your fingers over it, see how true it is, check to see how flat or domey it is, give it the grip check, and finally do the vertical spin toss a few times....then you turn to your wife and say, "Damn, that is a sexy piece of plastic!"

Ah, 4th of July weekend. Those downpours (and the IDGC) were merciless... I drove down there from Baltimore for the weekend so I wasn't going to be turned away by some blasted rain :)

After running a PDGA league today, and playing a round, joined a Mule for course work.

Pouring down rain, thunder and lightning, cutting down greenery on 18.

Then, threw three holes with a DX Sonic just for fun.

...when your spouse, deliberately to set you off like a firecracker, says "...your Frisbees..."

...your spouse is doing a nude photo shoot with a large group of other insanely hot models and you leave the set to go play a couple rounds

...you're at your wife's pole dance studio and instead of noticing all the booty shorts etc. you think "man, I could make sooooo many baskets out of the poles here"

...a hot girl from your wife's dance studio complained at dinner that she can't find a nice guy and your suggestion was to take up disc golf since there are tons of single eligible guys that play
...your wife notices you staring off and she asks if you're thinking about disc golf and not the hot women

This post is lol

had this actually happen recently:

we started buying a different brand of milk. the brand of milk we used to buy had a plastic ridge on the inside of the handle where it was molded and it always bugged me because it felt weird when i was pouring it.

first thing i said to my gf: "i like this milk, there's no flashing on the inside of the handle."

had this actually happen recently:

we started buying a different brand of milk. the brand of milk we used to buy had a plastic ridge on the inside of the handle where it was molded and it always bugged me because it felt weird when i was pouring it.

first thing i said to my gf: "i like this milk, there's no flashing on the inside of the handle."

LMAO!