• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

Coming through Mississippi and not playing Chautauqua??? that's a shame.
When you making the trip, might can meet you at #3 The Rez

Should hit Ross Barnett Rez around 4pm on Friday 5/23. I welcome all company.

Chautauqua looks nice but its a bit off path. I stay in Jackson that night, then head through Louisiana and crash just north of Huston Texas. Time is tight.

Just heard from CW... he's playing Burchfield now. I gave him the heads up that Toboggan's in, and was trying to meet him for a round, but he's moving a to a good pace, and I won't be able to break away from my desk :( Nonetheless, he get's to add Kensington Toboggan as an exclamation point to a truly epic road trip!

when you plan a 2 week road trip that covers these courses...in order;

1 Harmon Hills
2 Inverness
3 Ross Barnett
4 Lake Bistineau
5 Shawshank
6 Lindsey Gold
7 " Blue
8 " Red
9 Selah Ranch Lakeside
10 " " Creekside
11 Blackhawk
12 Redhawk
13 Northshore
14 Rosedale Park Top
15 " " Down Under
16 Water Works
17 Kessler Park
18 Pickard Park
19 Ewing Park
20 Northwood Park
21 Leviathan
22 Beauty
23 Beast
24 Flip City
25 Branstrom
26 Deerfield Park Original
27 " " Wildwood
28 Burchfield Devils Den
29 " Rivers Edge
30 Kensington B̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶c̶̶̶k̶̶̶ ̶̶̶L̶̶̶o̶̶̶c̶̶̶u̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶ TobogganBooyaa!!

I am at work standing at the desk next to mine talking with friends. I tossed my pen on to my desk and it rolled towards the edge and stopped just short of falling off.

I thought of the guy at The Memorial in AZ that was running around to see the lie waiving the green flag & I thought to myself, safe!

When you have THAT dream, you know...that dream every disc golfer has at some point.

You KNOW which one...

The dream where you find so many discs you can't carry them all.

Yeaup, had it last night. Talk about waking up depressed lol.

Thread REVIVAL....unless there was a 2nd one started??.....okay...hm...aaahemmm........

You know you are addicted to disc golf when your wife gets a concussion while peacefully reading on the couch. You can't help but go through your throwing motion in the living room after dying a disc and a major griplock smashes her dome.

P.s. This didn't happen, but as I was "fake" throwing my wife said she would leave me if it hit her in the head, so I thought of this thread and laughed. She asked me to never do that near her again. haha

By the way, if you haven't read this thread, read it!!! It will not let you down.....straight up hilarious.

When you have THAT dream, you know...that dream every disc golfer has at some point.

You KNOW which one...

yup, we have all had that one I think. Funny!!

YKYATDGW... you're shooting hoops and you refer to a good shot that doesn't go down as "a bad spit."

You KNOW which one...

Haha...I have had this dream so many times that when it happens now I realize that I am dreaming and wake up. For me its always a pile of leaves that continues to produce disc after disc. Maybe it's because I have lost more discs than I could ever own at once lol....

You know you are addicted to disc golf when you break your leg and get the nickname bootbagger because you still whoop everyone at tourneys gimping around throwing standstill with a boot cast on (not me, my buddy). I was giving him crap today about it.

When you go out, throw like ****, come home and watch the Rochester chase card, then think about your technique and working on it tomorrow to see if it gives better results...

And you're happy about it.

1. You use your school backpack to carry your discs and carry them everywhere you go.
2. When you are in a parking lot divided by trees or lampposts, whip out your disc and ask yourself: Which router would be the best to get to "X" target.
3. When you're standing on an overpass and think: DeLaveaga or any "Top of the World" type of shot.

I know I got it bad, because everytime I see a nice open field or some land with trees, I think " that would be a cool spot for a Disc Golf course". My wife is getting tired of my saying that.

I also think about Disc Golf all the time. I need help.

I second that. The obsession has actually pulled me away from musical instruments. I just enjoy being outdoors if the weather is good enough. I'd even play at night, but I'm not sold on glow discs and being able to see the baskets well enough. Otherwise, I'd have more time for my new obsession.

Haha...I have had this dream so many times that when it happens now I realize that I am dreaming and wake up. For me its always a pile of leaves that continues to produce disc after disc. Maybe it's because I have lost more discs than I could ever own at once lol....

Had this one last night, except i was in a pool and I could see a **** ton of discs on the bottom. I greedily dove in for every last one.

When you have blisters on you hands from throwing, scabs all over your legs from digging through thorns and rough to get your discs back. After you finish a round you play another, and another, and another, then spend a few hours just throwing discs in an open field. When you get the LED lights on your discs so you can keep throwing late into the night. When you stop and realize you can't feel your arm at all, and finally go home, only to rethink, analyze, and dream about what your going to do tomorrow to be better.

Working at Play it Again Sports has been a problem. I have unlimited access to all discs in the game. And first dibs on new orders. I have the nicest assortment of discs. And I still want more! If I had to pay retail, I'd be broke. Getting a new Thunderbird, and Gline FD, and a Glow Archon on Thursday. Numbers 31,32, and 33.

Oh man, if I worked at PIAS and had first dibs on every used disc that came through, I'd probably have about 5000 discs.

Latest posts