• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

When I dream about playing disc golf. I just wish I could play as well as in the dreams, and where are those courses that I'm playing.

Lucky you mine are usually nightmares as my new cart and all my discs are stolen or throwing my favorite disc into the drink for examples.

When you watch videos of the course you are going to play beforehand to see how to shoot well.
Then watch more videos of the course AFTER you played it to see why you didn't.

I did this in 2019 for GBO, Peter Pan. After watching all the videos & making mental notes, it didn't help. "Studying" the course is WAY different from actually playing the course. Kinda like how walking a course & playing the course are really two different things (callback to another thread about whether or not someone who walks a course is qualified to write a review of same said course. Now the answer to me is, NO).

I did this in 2019 for GBO, Peter Pan. After watching all the videos & making mental notes, it didn't help. "Studying" the course is WAY different from actually playing the course. Kinda like how walking a course & playing the course are really two different things (callback to another thread about whether or not someone who walks a course is qualified to write a review of same said course. Now the answer to me is, NO).

I've studied up on courses reading up on the previous reviews specifically the cons not wanting any surprises playing, such as high disc loss and which holes, standing water potential etc. Then there are those where I'm the first reviewer, and there have been "surprise" moments.

I do watch videos of tournament coverage if available, but off the top of my head I can only remember two that helped. I'm LHBH, Nathan Queen (Downeast Players Cup) whose LHBH only like myself, and Zach Melton (Lake Marshall Open) helped to see how they approached gaps from our side of the tee box. I can honestly say that Lake Marshall Open 2021, and I playing both courses afterwards, I out drove Zach on a few holes only because he hit a tree on those holes, where I was able to hit the gap on the Lair course:)

When your spouse, who does not play disc golf, starts sending you links to articles on UDisc and Ultiworld.

My spouse who also doesn't play disc golf but has walked with me once on the course. "Hey, a PIAS has opened up down the street (less than two miles), I walked in, and they sell discs, you should go check it out". You gotta love that, so I did as I was commanded. She knows my addiction, and its across from parking at her addiction Kohl's.

When you look forward to bread going stale so you can go outside and backhand each slice with major anhyzer release seeing how far understable food can fly.

All right, new way to feed the chickens!!!!

Addicted... when you take a disc or two to let the chickens out of the coop so you can take a couple shots at the basket on your way back to the house.

....when you already have 30+ envy's on a quick rough guess and you buy another...

When you start thinking about insuring your disc golf collection, which is secretly just a whole bunch of discs you bought because you have a problem.

While on vacation in Latvia, your wife is sick in the hotel room. So naturally you grab a taxi to take you the 8 miles to bag a Latvian course having no idea flipping idea how are you going to get back to your hotel afterward. Luckily some Latvian teens spoke English and put you on the right bus coming back.

After spending a wonderful month vacationing in Spain and Portugal, you arrive home to discover Portugal had opened their first course, probably while you were flying over and to make things worse, you had driven right by it. Of course, I had checked Portugal's course list before leaving. I was depressed about missing that course for months.

When you sign up to drive some soldier's car from Tacoma, Washington to North Carolina so you can play courses all the way across the US and a few days worth in North Carolina.

"You know you're addicted to DG Course Review..." when that also becomes a great opportunity to connect with other addicts! Is it sad, or pretty cool, that I tell others I met you, and we played Idlewild because of that road trip?

:p

While on vacation in Latvia, your wife is sick in the hotel room. So naturally you grab a taxi to take you the 8 miles to bag a Latvian course having no idea flipping idea how you are going to get back to your hotel afterward. Luckily some Latvian teens spoke some English and put you on the right bus coming back.

TVK is...

how-i-met-your-mother-legendary.gif

Latest posts