• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your best round

DGChronicles

Par Member
So today i shot my new personal best round. a -6 on a 70 par course!!:D which suprised me cause i missed a bunch of puts which could've brought me even lower... so, what are your best rounds?

-Alex

I played two rounds on different courses which are my best ever. One was with BrotherDave at North Asheboro DGC this summer. Another was last year at Peak's view Park. I've had some clutch rounds in tourneys, but nothing quite like those. I just threw good shot after good shot on those rounds.

lowest score- 39 at bull run in manassas va

score which put me ahead of the most good players- 41 at kentwood in raleigh in 1997 to lead the dogwood crosstown supertour after 1 round with most of the best players on the east coast in attendance

best round imo- 54 on the old seneca layout from long to B in the seneca soiree in 1999(?)

highest rated- 61 at loriella park long to mixed in the loriella challenge a few years back- 1012 or something such.

if there had been ratings back then the round at kentwood would undoubtedly be my highest rated but it's nowhere near my best round imo. ratings reward good play on short courses moreso than good play on long ones.

Sorry, my best rounds don't have much to do with score. One was being invited to throw a round with Snapper Pierson on a Wednesday morning when he swept the tee pads at Morley in 93. Actually, the entire four days at Morley was memorable. :)
Second was this past summer in Colorado when a friend took me to a mountain course you won't find on any directory. :mad: He just called it Carl's Place and it was some of the most incredible DG I've ever played. Truly one of my best and most cherished rounds.

As for score, ah, I don't know,something in the 40s. :cool:

My best over all ever was 48 at Bear Branch in The Woodlands, TX . My best at my home course was 54, which for that course is quite a feat. Most people who play that course have never pared it.

44 (-12) at West Meadowbrook park in Greenville, NC from the blue tees and long pin positions in a weekly. Would be around a 1060 rated round. Started off with 8 straight birds. This weekend the Down East Players cup will be there and I will be happy to shoot a 5 or 6 down in that layout.

Last edited:
Lowest ever 40(-14)
Lowest tourney round 42(-12)
One course record 44(-10)

I'd have to say my 2 best rounds of the summer were Even par rounds from the long tees at my home course (Freeman Lake) and Holler In The Hills. I've been playing 3yrs, and just shot Even at Freeman Lake for the first time this summer.

These were both big accomplishments for me.

Shot even once at Roscoe Ewing, but usually +1 lately. So that would be 66 for even and 67 for +1

What a coincidence...I shot my best round ever at Patoka Lake today. It was a 62. It's not the best round ever posted there, but definitely my personal best. I ended up shooting even on the back 9.

Today playing doubles with my friend we shot a combined 5 under and I got my first ace. By myself I've shot as low as 1 under on my home course so that would be my best individually.

-11 at golden gate park during a weekly

I played two rounds on different courses which are my best ever. One was with BrotherDave at North Asheboro DGC this summer. I just threw good shot after good shot on those rounds.

That's no lie. I was having a hell of a round myself, deucing every third hole or so, but you were deucing seemingly every hole, every drive seemed parked. I was like, "man, I can't catch a break." Good times though.

I got under par at Winthrop Gold once... with the rope.

I'm not sure what my actual best round is but my best at Glen Hilton in Hickory is a 46 (-8) with a mixed layout.

I'd have to say my 2 best rounds of the summer were Even par rounds from the long tees at my home course (Freeman Lake) and Holler In The Hills. I've been playing 3yrs, and just shot Even at Freeman Lake for the first time this summer.

These were both big accomplishments for me.

I have been playing my home course for 2.5 years, and just pared it a week and a half ago. Its a tough course to par. I only know a hand full of people that have done it.