• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your first ace. What was the disc?

skip ace with a champion sidewinder, got the same hole again about two months later with a pro line cobra dead center chains. hole 6 at barfield crescent park if anyone is familiar..

Champ teebird 175g on hole three of the north course of Riverbend park in Oroville, CA (and it's my only ace :().

A 178g S Element-X. By god, if gateway hadn't discontinued that mold, I'd still be throwing it. It was everything good all wrapped up in one nice midrange mold! The warrior, scout, and element they have now aren't nearly as good.

165g. Champion Firebird on a sweet natural hyzer - threw it flat and let the disc carry itself "right" into the chains (I'm LHBH)

Now she's hanging on the wall in a trophy case along with a photo of me standing over basket looking wicked shocked :thmbup:

I am not joking; I don't remember.

I think it was a Milennium disc, 2003/2004 era. A small diameter driver, whatever it was. :eek:

Been carrying around a friggin' sharpie for a year and a half, but still no ace. Grrrr......

A horribly-beaten Lightning #2 Flyer.. on a 234ft. hole within about two months of starting playing. The disc was so beaten-in it would turn over slightly and hold a slight turn the entire distance, despite my mighty 250ft. max distance in those days.

A 178g S Element-X. By god, if gateway hadn't discontinued that mold, I'd still be throwing it. It was everything good all wrapped up in one nice midrange mold! The warrior, scout, and element they have now aren't nearly as good.

You might like the new Karma mid if you can get your hands on a prototype. Like a Scout (new mold) with a bit more glide, said to be very Element-X-ish.

Barracuda. Big, sweeping turnover shot, downhill '400, HAMMERED the tone. Took a huge gauge out of the plastic. Hole 10, Bohart DGC, MT, 1994.

Latest posts