• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Get Out of Jail Free disc

Star Wraith, every time. Either a quick OH or RHFH to save the day.

I'd have to say, when I head off in to the bush, it's either a Wizard of a Buzzz that go with me. If I think I can get an angle and cover some distance to the basket, I'll take my G line FD with me, that thing will hold whatever line I put it on forehand and backhand.

My friend has an old CE Firebird and I was trying to get around a nasty thicket of woodsy bushes and the target was, from my position, to the right. The only shot that I had was a Tomahawk over and that Fire Chicken never ever veered left. As soon as I threw it, the Chicken was fading hard left and I had a 5 foot clean up shot to save par. I just went gaga over it after that. It's funny since I never throw it backhand, ever. Maybe once or twice on field work, but the staple of that disc is sidearm. LOVE IT and do not know where I would be without it.

My 150g blue DX Roc. First time I threw it was full power into a tree 5 feet away. Now it flies perfectly straight when I need it to as well as hyzer and anhyzer when i'm in a tight spot of trouble. The straight flight helps me recover from a bad drive on certain holes (like Hole 7 at Cross Farms in Tolland, CT) as I can get it to fly 250ft completely straight and just float down with zero hook at the end of the line.

Most likely either something incredibly overstable or something incredibly understable depending on the situation.

I've got an old beat MJLS that gets me out of thick woods in so many different ways—rollers, overhand.. It doesn't make much sense on paper but it works well for me. The Sentinel MF is good for bashing through rough with its diameter and speed.

120gm Voodoo. Don't even have to throw it, I just have to let it out of my hands and it goes 100ft and shapes lines a normal weight disc cant do.

Verdict. Flexes out of slight Anny's, skips can be thrown fh or bh. It's a midrange version of a teebird and firebird mixed together. Love it!

I have 2 get out of jail discs.

#1. ESP zone. I throw almost exclusively flicks, and this disc does exactly what I want almost every time.

#2. Max weight 200g DX Condor. All I have to say is "CONDOR SMASH." Once or twice a round, I bewilder my playing partners by taking this out and tomahawking it through trees and brush...it is so massive that it pushes everything else out of the way unless it strikes a large branch or trunk. Plus it is my #1 escape roller disc.

For those "hail Mary" shots I keep a beat to death DX Beast in my bag that someone had abandoned at one of the courses I frequent. Yes it was inked but when I called the number the woman who answered said there was no one there by the name on the disc and she had no idea what I was talking about.

ESP Zone - FH Rollers, Flicks, Skips, OH shots, w/e

Mangled X Comet - The alter ego

I have 2 get out of jail discs.

#1. ESP zone. I throw almost exclusively flicks, and this disc does exactly what I want almost every time.

#2. Max weight 200g DX Condor. All I have to say is "CONDOR SMASH." Once or twice a round, I bewilder my playing partners by taking this out and tomahawking it through trees and brush...it is so massive that it pushes everything else out of the way unless it strikes a large branch or trunk. Plus it is my #1 escape roller disc.

@nevets4433: I know all about the thick brush and the trouble it presents. A 200g large disc like a Condor can definitely use its 200g+ of potential inertia to bust through nasty situations. I am imagining the old school Batman TV series with a Condor: Bam, Thwack, Thud.

Latest posts