• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Get Out of Jail Free disc

Volt is my forehand flick disc when I'm in trouble, and that is the only shot I can get through the trees. I'm comfortable doing all kinds of shots with it - tomahawks/anny backhands, forehands that are nearly vertical, etc. IF I can get a backhand off, I can also use it for longer shots, but typically I'll get my Buzzz or Pure to get a playable lie again. I have a more stable, flattish, DyeMax Volt when I need more stability, but my worn in Neutron goes where I point it (usually ;) )

@ Old Dog: I see that you throw a Rhyno. For me, it has been a tale of two discs. I sank my longest birdie putt with it, 60+ feet. But then, it has been smashing the middle of the basket and kicking out. It's Champion plastic. How does your Rhyno do?

It's hard to say one as I have so many for differnt "get out of trouble" shots.

I'll say Trident, great for control overhead shots and forehands also big spike hyzers.

When I'm deep in the stuff I grab a 2 Magnets and a Zone and head in to my lie. If I can't get out with those, I've got bigger problems on my hands. On occasion I have to call on my Glo FB for a little longer shots, but very rarely.

120gm Voodoo. Don't even have to throw it, I just have to let it out of my hands and it goes 100ft and shapes lines a normal weight disc cant do.

I love ultralight putters. I have a wizard, warlock, birdie and a challenger. The one I put in the bag when I feel like I may need it is a #2 upshot at 126g. It is like a short range buzzz, holds any line and without an airbounce/stall will not divert from that line.

My go to get out of jail disc is definitely my beat in Star Destroyer thrown between overhand and sidearm. Being on the extra tall side usually means i can find *some* kind of hole in the thick brush to put a disc through and back into the fairway. Also helps that I can toss it overhand 150+ feet with just arm action :)