• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Your go to anhyzer disc, short and long.

I use my fuse for shorter turnover shots.

As far as longer, I have played with the Xpress, Avenger SS, Roadrunner, Beast, Valk and a few more. The Avenger SS is awesome when you want the disc to fade a little at the end of the flight. The roadrunner (for me) will just keep on turning and it seems to go forever. I carry the Roadrunner and Avenger SS and use both, depending on whether or not I was the shot to finish with a slight fade or if I am wanting to stay on that turnover line through the entire flight.

The Avenger SS is one of the best discs I have ever thrown. I love the fact that I can use it for any shot. Hyzer it and it flips up and gives you a beautiful S curve for distance. Thrown it smooth and flat and it goes straight as an arrow. Throw it hard and flat and it will turn pretty hard with a slight fade at the end.

Monarch for the longer stuff. I lost my last one and am still trying to perfect that shot with my new one. Every disc is a little different!

Max Distance: Sword
Long: River
Mid to Long: Axis
Short: Ion Putter

Star Stingray or Mako for short stuff, depending on the line. I really like the ecostar roadrunner i have for just holding the anny line and a nice landing.

Beat up VIP King for Long. I'm crazy I'm sure, but that disc does nothing but what I intend it to do.

I also like my avenger ss in z plastic. Or Stratus X.

Teebird would be my shorter for anhyzers. I don't throw many shorter anhyzers.

Under 200' - Ion
Under 300' - axis
Over 300' - sidewinder

Those are probably my most used discs and it all depends on the hole.

O rocs are great for straight tunnels that finish right. Beat ranchos for more height and shots that require a little more power . Light Proline Leopards for big swooping shots and then Beat Boss' for the big boys.

Short - Beat Soft Ion
Med - Beat TM Fuse
Long - Beat Start Teebird.

Just looked at your discs.
Work on throwing it with your Aviar to start out.
Don't rush out to buy anything new just yet.
In time, you'll be able to throw a distance anny with your Beast and TL.
But for now, don't worry about distance.
If you can create the line and get 100 feet, that's a good start.
Focus on spin and smooth release.
Distance comes with practice and familiarity.

^This. Anhyzers are tough lines to throw and probably the hardest of the basic shots to throw - you can't just blindly put full power behind one like you can with something on a hyzer, whether that hyzer flips or not. As said in an earlier post, throwing with too much on the anhyzer will cause it to crash into the ground.

And to answer your question, I throw all of my discs on an anhyzer angle, some better than others. What disc I throw depends on the distance I want to achieve, how much of a turn I need, and whether I want the disc to hold the line or flatten out and flex back. Some discs are easier to put on an anhyzer line than others - it's easier to throw a Roc or Comet on an Anhyzer than a Firebird, for example. Comets and Rocs will hold the line a lot longer and a Firebird will start turning out of it almost immediately. Start with your putter, move to a mid, and then go to fairways and distance drivers.

Sort of depends on what type of shot I want to shape, but to finish without fading out I typically only use a few discs:

Short to long

X soft challenger
beat roc
S Jackal

Latest posts