• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your longest shot that went in the basket

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I would like to know what your longest shot that went in the basket was. If it was an ace, or a really long putt, or a lucky shot, how long was your longest shot?

I think my longest shot on the course was a 125 foot shot at Kingwood, TX on # 18 that nailed the basket for a nice birdie.

At the field where I practice my shots, I hit a 200ft shot that I wasn't even trying for. I was just test flying a beat Avenger that I had, and it caught my practice basket 200ft away.

Right now 5 weeks into the sport and maybe 25-27 rounds the longest I have had is 50'. I hope to make that # go up but I also hope to have all drop in putts if I miss.

My longest ace (shot that went into the basket) was ~300 uphill (~15 degree).
#7 at Sylmar (old course) middle position.
DSCJNKY

Mine is probably around 200 feet, but it was blind. I could see the basket due to some rather large trees in my way, threw a roc on a big hyzer and somehow found its way into the basket.

I hit a 120' sidearm birdie from the rough straight slight downhill with my Whamo Under, which was my favorite disc, but lost it a week later. I called it right after the release which was sweet then watching it swish.
I've hit one other 100' birdie, and a couple 50'-80'. Still waiting for that ace, been pretty close.

I hit a 120' sidearm birdie from the rough straight slight downhill with my Whamo Under, which was my favorite disc, but lost it a week later. I called it right after the release which was sweet then watching it swish.
I've hit one other 100' birdie, and a couple 50'-80'. Still waiting for that ace, been pretty close.

My longest ace (shot that went into the basket) was ~300 uphill (~15 degree).
#7 at Sylmar (old course) middle position.
DSCJNKY

DSCJNKY-That throw impresses the hell outa me.

My longest was about a 228 ft. ace with a slight hyser to a basket hidden behind a tree at Fort Steilacoom.

250 #5 long position at Colorado Mt College Glennwood Springs CO. I was close with similar shots all day long and I made the proper adjustment. Still no ace(s).

Oh hell, I'm horrible at estimating distance, but mine is something like 75 to 100 feet out with my brick aviar. Forearmed it straight into the basket, much to my surprise.

I had a 180 foot ace on hole 7 at iroquois Park. I had another ace but don't know how far it was because the hole isn't the same as it used to be. I hit a 75 foot shot for a birdie the other day.

i hit a 290ft ace on #17 at Otter Creek Park. a straight shot off of the tee, but the basket sits off to the left behind a group of large trees. threw a star teerex down the middle that hyzered in and skipped off of a small hill in front of the basket and into the chains. i heard it hit, but didn't get to see it. that is my only ace to date, after 2.5yrs of playing.

Oh hell, I'm horrible at estimating distance, but mine is something like 75 to 100 feet out with my brick aviar. Forearmed it straight into the basket, much to my surprise.

I did the same thing with my Coyote about a year ago, from about the same distance. I've never hit anything longer, so no aces for me.

I have 5 aces and all were between 200 and 240 feet. The longest shot I can remember that was not an Ace was at Lester Lorch and was around 150 I guess.

Longest was around a 130' backhand at T.C. Jester #6. I was throwing my old Roc DX. That was a Good day...

Latest posts