• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

youtube vids

My rule for me is I'm either playing disc golf or I'm practicing. If I'm practicing and it goes in on first throw, I don't consider it an "ace".

After you hit enough aces, you lose excitement. I've had it happen to me and have seen others in the same boat. However, those first few are pretty exciting.

I'm pretty casual, play a lot at home, usually with 2 pairs of discs and Cali rules between em. Deuce or zero (anything par+). Obviously I'm playing solo lonely semicubby... if I hit a first shot ace or a cubby I will still give a muted Wooo, mostly for the owls or my dog. I will not post it in the ace thread, If I post there its for league/competition/paid aces. The big ones. Any ace brings me at least a little excitement but it's gotta be first shot, practice or not to cross it off.

The local course is short, lots of holes 170-240'.. I used to keep track and write # and date small on the disc but now I count the ones I haven't got and that list is getting tougher every day. 13,14,16,24,27. I wish I had a YouTube vid of my long lone ace at the 2010 provincials but it wasn't that great I was just trying to get it there, the $200 was nice.. :D. I don't watch YT aces I think a lot of em are cubby's.

Let the noobs do what they want, they will anyway and why rain on their parade? Doesn't change my life and all it would do is lessen their enthusiasm. Nothing to gain.

After you hit enough aces, you lose excitement. I've had it happen to me and have seen others in the same boat. However, those first few are pretty exciting.

Congrats on successfully performing CPR on a thread that was flatlined for 13 yrs!

FWIW - I completely agree with post #2.

Latest posts