• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Z-boaz open 2014

Tfire25

Double Eagle Member
http://www.maceman.com/

Is anybody going? I have never heard of the mighty z and I have never played the temp course. Does anyone have any tips on these other courses that have played them before? Tia

I'm far from an expert on ft worth golf, but here's my understanding:
I believe that when they talk about "the mighty z" they are referring to z boaz being set up in all the long positions and played from the long tees...the temp course is set up on the old muni golf course that is adjacent to z boaz, I haven't played it, but from the pictures it was typical ball golf course style of disc golf: long, fairly open and a fair amount of water hazards.

No love for ft worth?!

I'm far from an expert on ft worth golf, but here's my understanding:
I believe that when they talk about "the mighty z" they are referring to z boaz being set up in all the long positions and played from the long tees...the temp course is set up on the old muni golf course that is adjacent to z boaz, I haven't played it, but from the pictures it was typical ball golf course style of disc golf: long, fairly open and a fair amount of water hazards.

Mighty Z refers to long pads/long pins.

I read somewhere that the temp course will NOT be the old golf course, but an actual temp course build right next to Z-boaz. I played Z a week or so ago and saw that they had cleared some land beside 17's fairway. I think i remember seeing a concrete teepad there as well (does anyone have any info on this?). They used the old golf course for their Ice Bowl but this one will be different.

http://www.maceman.com/

Is anybody going? I have never heard of the mighty z and I have never played the temp course. Does anyone have any tips on these other courses that have played them before? Tia

Z Boaz is my home course. It has wide open shots (hole3 & 4), elevation (hole 2 & 9), water (holes 14,15 & 18) & wooded lane shots (hole 1, 14 &18).

From my understanding, the temp course area has been used before, but this will be a new "take" on the surroounding area. It has softball fields and soccer fields in the area that will come into play as OB's and such (I think).

Anything else you really want to know I can try to find out if I dont have the quick answer.

The Mighty Z is long teepads and long pin placements. Z Boaz short pins/teepads is an awesomely mixed nice course, BUT when you get to the Mighty Z...... many people struggle.

Its totally worth the experience imo.

The Temp course was designed and installed by Brian Mace. It is adjacent to Z Boaz...It's pretty awesome. Played it last weekend. It begins on the other side of the railroad tracks from Z Boaz....the front 9 play in and around the open area of the park, a few scattered trees come into play on some strategically placed baskets. Longer holes. The back 9 is the technical side. Fairways have been 'carved' out of undeveloped natural terrain. Beautiful texas woods and lots of shade. However, if you don't keep it LOW and on the MOW, you'll be in some nasty 'rough' chock full of poison ivy. Most holes are 180' - 320' ish and I saw a guy birdie 7 out of 9 of them first time through. Impressive.

The Z Boaz Open is an event not to be missed. Players get fed TWICE during the tourney, there are mini games, including mini golf and lots of additional prizes being given away by local vendors.

17'S NEW TEE

Yes the land cleared on 17 is a new tee for the hole AND WHAT HE SAID^^^

I'm signed up. I just wish I could have played the temp course last weekend. Anybody want to walk it with me Saturday morning early? J/k. Good luck to anybody signed up! Ill be one of the guys in the grim rippers shirts. We just started the club and are almost sold out of shirts/tags! Hopefully we represent well.