• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Z Glow Buzz

dmk1978

Eagle Member
How do these fly compared to a regular z buzz? I'm guessing more overstable? Looking to make my first "glow" disc.

"Buzzz" with three z.

Also, let us know what you think of them (compared to the regular Z). Lastly, if you want to get into glow disc for night time disc golf, you should search the forum for other thread about it, I remember reading about people using special lamp (uv lamp I guess) to light their disc before the throw. It made them glow that much more I guess.

Yes the glow will be a tick more stable. If you want a really beefy buzzz, get a glow FLX. Those things are almost like wasps.

Yes the glow will be a tick more stable. If you want a really beefy buzzz, get a glow FLX. Those things are almost like wasps.

agreed...my glo buzzz started beefy but now flies just like a seasoned Z, my glo flx buzzz has remained beefy over the same period...

More stable than the Zs I have thrown. I throw the Glows exclusively because they also felt grippier to me. Could be complete rubbish opinion, but it makes me feel better :D

More stable than the Zs I have thrown. I throw the Glows exclusively because they also felt grippier to me. Could be complete rubbish opinion, but it makes me feel better :D

I agree with your assessment 100%. They are grippier and beefier.

If you can pick them out by hand - my favorites are the more opaque Glo with the flatter profile. Tacky and beefy, love it!

I have had glow buzzzes that are more overstable and some that are not as overstable as new z buzzzes. I don't think there is a magical component that makes glow plastic tend to turn left more than other discs.

I have had glow buzzzes that are more overstable and some that are not as overstable as new z buzzzes. I don't think there is a magical component that makes glow plastic tend to turn left more than other discs.

I was wary of this as well...but every disc I've thrown (Stalker/Nuke/Zone) in Glo Z has been a step up from its counterpart. I tend to carry molds in pairs and ended up dropping the Z Nuke and Z Stalker (then later all stalkers, but that's another story) in favor of the Glo's.

Then again stability isn't an exact science, so I totally believe what you're saying. I've got discs that totally defy what the general consensus on the mold is so...take everything with a grain of salt I guess.

Resurrecting an old thread - but I'm wondering if this still holds true. My big z buzzz has been stealing more and more shots from my roc3 and i'm likely dropping it from my bag. I just snagged a glow z buzz from a tourney (sweet stamp too) and i'm debating on tossing it and adding to the bag or hanging it. So - compared to my big z buzzz - will my glow z buzzz (same weight) fly slightly more/less stable or the same?

Thanks.

Careful with the Discraft glow plastic. I'd say this would be the same for all companies, but I noticed during my last glow round that my Z Stalker had lost a substantial amount of its capability to stay illuminated. I've had it for two years or so and seldom play with it (or even leave it out in direct contact with the light) Last week I made it 14 holes before losing it somewhere on the course...:(

My Glow Buzzz is considerably more overstable than my Z Buzzz. Also it seems premium glow discs tend towards max weight or more. My Glow Buzzz is around 181g.

I will have to throw my Glow Buzzz again since it's been a while, though. My Glow Roc3 has been my main mid for a while and it's been awesome. My Roc3 doesn't seem to be as overstable as the Buzzz. I'll take them out for a comparison once this dreadful rain clears up.

from what ive heard on here all glow loses holding its brightness quick. i guess vibram is the only one that holds its glow worth a damm.

as for OS factors. from my experience ive owned a few glow stalkers and a few glow buzzes. both have been more OS than normal Z. and they have beat in the same for me as regular z

I agree, I have a ESP Meteor and a Z Glow Meteor and I prefer the glow over the ESP. The Z Glow feels real nice.

I just bought a max weight glow Z the other day because I thought this to be the case. I'm sorry to report that it is not any more overstable than all my other Zs.