• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Z-Magnets

discjon

Birdie Member
Anyone know why the heck these were discontinued?

I picked up 2 used ones a few weeks ago and they are a great addition to the other 2 Magnets in my bag. A bit more overstable.

Any thoughts?

I have one and I never throw it. They don't stick to the chains very well, and I find them hard to control. They also tend to roll when they hit the ground.

I personally am not a fan of champ/z plastic for putts or approaches in general. Like midnight said, they just don't seem to stay in the basket, and they're way more likely to skip/roll.

Anything within 200' is my soft magnet range, but more than that where I don't want to throw a mid, the Z has been working very well for me.

If you want a Magnet in good plastic that will stick to the chains, invest in a Titanic. Its the Magnet in ESP plastic.

If you want a Magnet in good plastic that will stick to the chains, invest in a Titanic. Its the Magnet in ESP plastic.

Totally, I got a Z Magnet too and it rolls and doesnt stick but it looks cool. But I throw the Titanic now too and I love it. Still throw my Soft APX's though for turnovers and putts and I got my challenger flx still. I feel like I dont need three different kinds of putter but I just like to cover the whole spectrum. I got the Challenger for overstable(which you could argue is a putter/midrange hybrid), my Titanic for stable, and my APX's for turnovers.

Midnightbiker's posts just sound a little wiser now that he has experienced the Buzzz. It's just natural to be on the Buzzz and Magnet bandwagons.

So far I'm with him on 2 out of the 4 of his disc selections. Or really 2 out of 3.

Wraith - yes
Buzzz - d'uh of course
Magnet/titanic - not so much

just need to get you switched over to gateway putters :p

So far I'm with him on 2 out of the 4 of his disc selections. Or really 2 out of 3.

Wraith - yes
Buzzz - d'uh of course
Magnet/titanic - not so much

just need to get you switched over to gateway putters :p

Sorry. Once I threw a Titanic, I knew I was not looking back.

Sorry. Once I threw a Titanic, I knew I was not looking back.

If the magnets are anything like the Bangers then I can see why you liked them. I have thrown a Banger GT and could see myself using those, just like the chalky plastic of gateway for putters. I would switch to discraft before I ever went back to that POS aviar

If the magnets are anything like the Bangers then I can see why you liked them. I have thrown a Banger GT and could see myself using those, just like the chalky plastic of gateway for putters. I would switch to discraft before I ever went back to that POS aviar

The Magnets are a little straighter than the GT Bangers. The Titanic is the Magnet wearing a Tuxedo.