• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Z-Xtreme

Jason B

Anyone have a profile pic of the Drew Gibson Z-Xtreme? It sounds super beefy and I like the idea its a 6 speed tweener. A profile pic with some possible comparisons like a XXX or something would be great. Thanks.

I ordered one for science. The weird thing about the xtreme is there's 2 different molds of it. The old wixom xtremes were pretty flat and very OS. Then they made newer limited edition runs which came out domey and not very OS.

Hard to know if these will be flat or domey, and they are made out of the newer Z plastic.

I ordered one for science. The weird thing about the xtreme is there's 2 different molds of it. The old wixom xtremes were pretty flat and very OS. Then they made newer limited edition runs which came out domey and not very OS.

Hard to know if these will be flat or domey, and they are made out of the newer Z plastic.

As long as they are not made in the opaque Z that looks like Big Z but is a hard to grip Z, that modern/newer stuff is the worst, even a Z that is almost CryZtal plastic translucent is better. I would not want a disc like that, unfortunately the Mold is not the most comfortable grip to the wing so I would not buy such an expensive disc, having held one in the old Cyclone X plastic, made before Elite X/X and is closer to a Soft X if it were made as stiff as legally possible then X plastics.

So the Drew Gibson xtremes are definitely the newer "limited edition" mold. Which are domier and less OS. My fresh 175g Drew is less OS than my old wixom 166g.

Still a great OS "short firebird", but the domey version makes the grip a little funkier for clean forehand releases.

Anyone have a profile pic of the Drew Gibson Z-Xtreme? It sounds super beefy and I like the idea its a 6 speed tweener. A profile pic with some possible comparisons like a XXX or something would be great. Thanks.

Ahhh, I didn't know they'd ever run this mold again. I stocked up on old ones.

Cool to see it remade tho. Love the disc.

Attachments

• 20200725_092807.jpg
    20200725_092807.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
OMG the Xtreme...Used to bag one before I really had any clue what I was doing. That was the most beefy OS "I need to fade to the ground ASAP" disc I have ever seen. It was like a shorter and more pissed off Flick.

YiP0W1U.jpg

New on the left old on the right. New Xtreme definitely more dome.

Latest posts