• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Z Zone??

I just got an ESP Zone, I love it - I think it's my new go-to putter.

but Z Plastic? Boutique value aside, I find Champ/Z too slippery to put with, it slides through chains and deflects more than any other plastic I've used to putt with. I have a sweeeet Champystar Aviar P & A that I stopped throwing b/c the amount of chain deflections I got tripled when I used it. Has an awesome feel, but I switched back to a DX Aviar and the issue went away immediately.

I doubt most people use it as a putter, a little too low profile and overstable. IMO, it is close to a midrange, especially because of how hard you can throw it since it is so stable. I suspect most people use if for upshots and short drives, I know I love it for forehand upshots where I need a little more stability than I can get with my champ Rhyno (gummy champion tie-dye with DX stamp, I think it is first run champion, a little less stable than stock champ Rhynos).

Ditto, mine still flys the same since I bought it 2+yrs ago and I doubt a Z one will have a better feel/flight. If anything I would like to see them in flx plastic.

This. For whatever reason, I find that the ESP Zone is by far the most durable ESP disc I've ever thrown. (My guess is that the small diameter and relatively small rim would mean greater density for the same weight) At no point do I find myself wishing for an even harder, slicker version. If anything, I wish it had a little more flex. I don't know about anyone else, but my Zone becomes intolerably hard when it's less than 50 degrees out.

I have a green esp that is lools like a very opaque z. Its semi transparent even when not held up to the light. That's probably as close to a z zzone as ill get :(

lol.. i still wouldnt mind having one or two of those tho booter :) .. my favs are the uber concave ones.. I still dont have a skip ace with one but i cant count own many times its slammed the basket lol

Have any of yo seen the pop to style domed ones?

Booter if your holding one of those I will be on the next grey hound to Austin. I will be single and broke but the wife wont know till Sat... j/k

This. For whatever reason, I find that the ESP Zone is by far the most durable ESP disc I've ever thrown. (My guess is that the small diameter and relatively small rim would mean greater density for the same weight) At no point do I find myself wishing for an even harder, slicker version. If anything, I wish it had a little more flex. I don't know about anyone else, but my Zone becomes intolerably hard when it's less than 50 degrees out.

This is probably because of mold. The zone is so blunt edged. I threw a D drone for a while and even trying to abuse it it took a while to break in.

Lol wth are u tlking about chitti? Pop to style?

Btw heres the "z" zone i have. Its not hard to see which zone has more z

IMG_20111006_130120.jpg

Me love zone!

A Z zone would be pretty sweet but ESP does the job. The D zones are a joke. They are good until they hit one tree then they are done.

Have any of yo seen the pop to style domed ones?

I have a orange ESP that has what I would call a mini-pop top. Small dome in center but the diameter of the dome is maybe half the diameter of the entire disc. It's weird.

I have a orange ESP that has what I would call a mini-pop top. Small dome in center but the diameter of the dome is maybe half the diameter of the entire disc. It's weird.
But can you pop it?

^^my esp is pretty well worn but thing is still just uber beefy .. i love it lol .. i do have a noodle arm tho so im sure it might straighten out well for some of you.. its one of the concave ones and i cant get enough of em