• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zach's bag: solid state circuitry

DiscGolfTeeSigns.com

* Ace Member *
My bag of ZEN ROCK POWER. I am loving this bag, it is supremely solid compared to every bag of the past.

I have a core bag of stuff I throw 90% of the time. The other stuff is utility versions of the core bag. I'll mark the utility stuff in blue.

Distance Drivers, most to least stable:

QOLF 160g - domey, overstable
SOLF 170g - beat straight w/fade
MOLF 150g - longer/faster w/fade.. big boomy (1.2 run)
SOLS 160g - straight/anny
MOLS 170g - beat understable

Overstable Driver Bullpen, longer to shorter:

Champ Monster, Champ Firebird, CE EXP - 167-175g interchangeable to suit the course -- forehand / overhand tricks, forehand rooooooollers ... if 2 are needed, Monster + EXP

Fairway Drivers, most to least stable:

Champ Teebird 170g - headwind straight, easy hyzer / headwind QJLS
Champ Teebird 150g - utility touch driver, lots of tricks, flippy w/speed

QJLS 175g - CE Plastic, beat straight w/fade
JLS 175g - SE Plastic, holds any angle, easily powered for turnover, no fade

Midranges, most to least stable:

Q-Sentinel 175g - fresh / overstable Q-Sent[/color]
Q-Sentinel 177g - beat / straight w/fade Q-Sent
Champ Roc 180g - headwind / fading QMS utility (it's a 4x Glow)
DX Roc 177g - beatish, straight

QMS 180g - straight / slow hyzer / anny... main mid paired with the 177 Q-Sent

Putters, most to least stable:

Soft/Med Pro Rhyno 175g - glideless upshots, utility Rhyno shots/putts
Soft/Med Wizard 175g - specialty = firm-plate push-putts
SuperSoft Wizard 175g - specialty = spin shots
Sirius Omega 175g - specialty = powered fan-grip upshots, long putts
Omega SuperSoft 175g - specialty = touch, slightly understable
Omega AP 172g - beat, flippy, cool. trixxy.

... And this is the bag that I'd take with no reservations. I have more and less stable discs/molds to add/swap if the day calls for it. I could play with the JLS, beat Q-Sent, and Omega... but this bag has a solid core, plus utility safeguards that are closely related to the core discs/molds. I love it! It's heavy just like a ROCK.

Just looking at it here, it's pretty consistent with 5 discs per category -- counting Overstable Driver as a Fairway Utility. And of each category, I strongly favor about 2 discs. Can't stress that enough -- I'll throw the same thing all day... then when the wind picks up or I need some tweak, I'll throw a new thing like the old thing and make it work right.

The putter selection is highly situational... I putt the Omegas and Wizards almost equally. Push or straddle putts from certain distances and places, spin putts from others. Same with upshots... depends on distance, line, and power/fade requirements. Equally confident with all putters, but I do play their strengths. **Wizard only because for me it handles like a more natural "stable Omega" than a BB Aviar / however the Sirius Omega is my medium-stable putter, between Omega SS and Wiz**

Do you feel the solid rock? Questions/comments welcome. Suggestions if you dare!

BAG TESTIMONIAL:
"The weekend after I posted this bag, I tested it out at its first tournament. I played the course blind, and shot a round rated 103 points above my current rating! This bag is FANTASTIC!! Thanks Bag Thread." -- Z'mson

I see some serious holes in your bag that need to be addressed. You're going to need some minis. A Champ Teebird mini that will fly straight with fade when you throw it in frustration after you shank your long upshot, a Wizard mini for obvious reasons, and maybe an overstable mini in case you need to throw one forehand or on a spike hyzer line. And your snap together stash mini for...car keys. Yeah.

GorillaTactics said:
I see some serious holes in your bag that need to be addressed. You're going to need some minis. A Champ Teebird mini that will fly straight with fade when you throw it in frustration after you shank your long upshot, a Wizard mini for obvious reasons, and maybe an overstable mini in case you need to throw one forehand or on a spike hyzer line. And your snap together stash mini for...car keys. Yeah.

my (star mini driver) business card makes a deadly line-drive mini thumber 8)

and a gang of trippy-stamped stash minis fight for the honor of holding my smaller accessories. DGR mini is in its golden years right now... in a week it'll be overthrown by the unstopable force of explicit nudity that is the Snow Farm mini.

ZAMson said:
ok i understand the shocked silence... it's too solid to question. no worries.

i mean, you can share stories of inspiration if you want...

A'ait I'll bite. Little London for you folks. In a word: Meh.

rehder said:
How are the rather large gaps in weight working? Do your heavy mids fly much shorter than your lighter driver?

the light stuff goes far, and the heavy stuff is more controllable. seems like an even transition in range and accuracy, from putters > mids > JLS / TB > Orions > light Orions.

TeamTollandDG said:
Lots of different weights. That doesn't F you up.

:lol: nah... i know these well enough. looks funny on paper but it's easy in the bag. really the 150g MOLF and Ch. TB are the only ones i have to back off of... nice smooth throw and they sing. most of the others can take a real pull to do their stuff.

zen rock power and zen are two totally different things though

the zen bag is JLS, QMS, SuperSoft. (for me)

zen rock power is when you add rock, power, and rock power to your zen. that gives you the power to zen, the power to rock, and the power to zen rock. it's a much heavier bag than just zen alone, but well worth it.

excellent point.

Jsw said:
That is the least Zen-like bag ever.
Heeeeeeeey man...quit harshing Zam's mellow! I'm pickin' up some pretty negative vibes from your end of the 'tubes...take some time and center your Chi, dude.

:mrgreen:

sleepy

sleepy said:
Jsw said:
That is the least Zen-like bag ever.
Heeeeeeeey man...quit harshing Zam's mellow! I'm pickin' up some pretty negative vibes from your end of the 'tubes...take some time and center your Chi, dude.

:mrgreen:

sleepy

This is all I wanted, nice bag

Jwt4412 said:
Curious as to what the new and improved "Free Agent" bag is these days?
Civilian Golfer Bag...
pretty steady for the past few months

Distance:
SOLF 172
MOLF worn 172
Roadrunner 172

Fairway+ :
DX Banshee 172
11x pearly TB 172
11x pearly TB 159
DX TB worn 175
DX Gazelle, up to 3 depending on course/conditions... main one is worn neutral 166-175
DX Leopard thrashed 175

Mids:
Q-Sentinel 177
4x Glow Champ Roc 180
DX Roc worn straight 177
10x KC Pro beat neutral/turning 180

Putt+ :
Soft Pro Rhyno 175
Soft Wiz 175
Medium Wiz 175
Proto Magic 175

Replaced Omega SS with Proto Magic for its stiff plate. JLS changed to Gazelle and TB as an improvement in wind handling. Leopard was added for bonus understable, totally new spot in my bag and very useful. Overall it's slower stuff and more base plastic, with just the 3 semi-speedy discs. Newish DX Banshee gets used a bunch with thumbers, flicks, spikes, helix, etc.. replaced Firebird, EXP and a QOLF. The other DX stuff is pretty nicely worn to a sweet spot. I like the Roc combo, even though it's 3 different plastics plus a Q-Sent... didn't care for the DX stable spot, I like the 4x better. I have plenty neutral Rocs, so the DX spot can rotate through that stash, while the 10x flipper stays sweet, and the 4x Glow Champ doesn't beat down. Q-Sent for bonus overstable to the 4x. Mainly the fairway drivers switched up and I swapped QMS for beat Rocs. Wizards, Rhyno, Roc/Sent, OLF, TB... that's all been there for a long while. Thinking about Striker for SOLF spot.

Once I decide that I have dropped JLSes for good, and I can sell my stash... I think I could retire. Drop Omegas, and I will have a beach house. Ahhhh.

Latest posts