• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Zeus

Prince Vegeta

Bogey Member
I bought a 172 Z crank and a 174 esp Zeus same day. Crank flies as expected. If anything it bites a tad more than a Shryke IMO at the end of its flight. Zeus on the other hand is crazy under stable. I can roll this thing if I give it any power. For reference I don't throw any more than 380 on a good day. Anyone else finding this disc to behave this way? I'm thinking it's just mine. Very comparable to a faster maybe more stable avenger ss.

Sounds like a fluke. I've thrown 4 ESP Zeuses. All are pretty overstable, and won't turn at all at 380'.

What you're describing sounds more like a Hades.

Sounds like a fluke. I've thrown 4 ESP Zeuses. All are pretty overstable, and won't turn at all at 380'.

What you're describing sounds more like a Hades.

I haven't thrown the hades but this Zeus is nothing like what I expected.

I've got a proto what is very beefy, first run and production run that are less so but still on the Os side of stable. Never seen a flippy one like you are describing.

One of my longest throws ever was with the first run Zeus,

I've got a proto what is very beefy, first run and production run that are less so but still on the Os side of stable. Never seen a flippy one like you are describing.

One of my longest throws ever was with the first run Zeus,

Honestly I expected this to be a lot like a destroyer. If I can get a clean video where you can see the flight on my phone I'll see if I can upload it or post a link. I don't throw that far at all TBH. 350 is probably my average. I can get it maybe up to 400 if it's like downwind on a really good throw. But that's my max. Or Internet distance lol. I can see myself having one of my biggest throws ever with this disc if I threw It on a hyzer in the right conditions. I'm just shocked that it is flippy as it is. I expected it to be more stable than the crank.

Couple things: I just ordered four ESP Zeus, should be arriving later this week. Went through DiscGolfCenter; they have an overhead and a profile picture of each disc now, which is neat, and can help see the dome on the disc. Idk how perfect it is, though.

I decided to get a few after feeling one of my buddies Zeus- feels real nice in the hand, shallower than a destroyer which I dig. Also, I hear they are generally a little more understable than your typical destroyer, which was another selling point. I had been digging the Enigma, but don't feel certain they are going to be sticking around permanently with Discmania transitioning and stuff (just a gut feeling, no real evidence). So, worth giving it a shot!

Secondly, with this being a PM disc, and a destroyer clone, why is it not talked about around these parts at all??

What is up Throwers of the Zeus??

My ESP Zeuses are a lot more flippy than the numbers would suggest (i.e. not much difference between the numbers of a Zeus and a Nuke, but my Zeuses are a LOT more flippy than my Nukes). My proto Zeus flies more true to the numbers, but the stock stuff flips over pretty quickly.

I bought a 172 Z crank and a 174 esp Zeus same day. Crank flies as expected. If anything it bites a tad more than a Shryke IMO at the end of its flight. Zeus on the other hand is crazy under stable. I can roll this thing if I give it any power. For reference I don't throw any more than 380 on a good day. Anyone else finding this disc to behave this way? I'm thinking it's just mine. Very comparable to a faster maybe more stable avenger ss.

Let me know if you want to sell or trade that Zeus.

Couple things: I just ordered four ESP Zeus, should be arriving later this week. Went through DiscGolfCenter; they have an overhead and a profile picture of each disc now, which is neat, and can help see the dome on the disc. Idk how perfect it is, though.

I decided to get a few after feeling one of my buddies Zeus- feels real nice in the hand, shallower than a destroyer which I dig. Also, I hear they are generally a little more understable than your typical destroyer, which was another selling point. I had been digging the Enigma, but don't feel certain they are going to be sticking around permanently with Discmania transitioning and stuff (just a gut feeling, no real evidence). So, worth giving it a shot!

Secondly, with this being a PM disc, and a destroyer clone, why is it not talked about around these parts at all??

What is up Throwers of the Zeus??

The Zeus has been a bit of a tough disc for me. I've thrown 4 (in addition to a few proto Kongs). The proto Kongs are really damn overstable. No turn, and they glide fairly lousy. The newer Zeuses are still pretty overstable, but not as bad as the Kong.

I find the Zeus to generally be flatter and more overstable than star Destroyers. None of my Zeuses are very domey, and they aren't remarkable gliders. They're also a little shorter than a Destroyer distance-wise.

The Enigma for me was noticeably more understable than the Zeus or Destroyer. I won't call it super flippy, but the disc will turn nicely when you really smash it. Less late fade as well.

Here's how I'd rate the flights of these 3 discs...

Zeus: 12, 4, -.5, 3
Destroyer: 12, 5, -1, 3
Enigma: 12, 5, -2, 2

IDK, the Zeus for me just doesn't glide that well or turn much. It wants to fade out early and hard. The Enigma's a hair flippy for a workhorse driver. Thus, I bag either a Destroyer or DD3. The Destroyer is dependable without being super overstable.

I probably throw the Enigma 40' further than the Destroyer or Zeus. The extra turn and later fade make it a very long disc. The Enigma is a better version of the Trespass or Sword, IMO.

The Zeus has been a bit of a tough disc for me. I've thrown 4 (in addition to a few proto Kongs). The proto Kongs are really damn overstable. No turn, and they glide fairly lousy. The newer Zeuses are still pretty overstable, but not as bad as the Kong.

I find the Zeus to generally be flatter and more overstable than star Destroyers. None of my Zeuses are very domey, and they aren't remarkable gliders. They're also a little shorter than a Destroyer distance-wise.

The Enigma for me was noticeably more understable than the Zeus or Destroyer. I won't call it super flippy, but the disc will turn nicely when you really smash it. Less late fade as well.

Here's how I'd rate the flights of these 3 discs...

Zeus: 12, 4, -.5, 3
Destroyer: 12, 5, -1, 3
Enigma: 12, 5, -2, 2

IDK, the Zeus for me just doesn't glide that well or turn much. It wants to fade out early and hard. The Enigma's a hair flippy for a workhorse driver. Thus, I bag either a Destroyer or DD3. The Destroyer is dependable without being super overstable.

I probably throw the Enigma 40' further than the Destroyer or Zeus. The extra turn and later fade make it a very long disc. The Enigma is a better version of the Trespass or Sword, IMO.

I think you've just answered my question that I've been trying to figure out. I'm looking for a flippier 2.1-2.3 cm rim disc than my Zeus, and found a fairly flippy Destroyer, but it's no flippier than my 164-166 Zeus that I've been throwing for a while. The Hades was my hope, but they're too flippy and my Cryztal is beefier than my Zeus. I think I was looking at an Enigma the last time I was in a DG store, but decided against it.

Hmmmm, maybe I need an Enigma in my life. How does it compare feel wise to the Zeus? Hopefully it's not as shallow as the Tern, nor as touchy as mine have been. I really just want a driver that will turn right a good bit but won't burn consistently, or basically a textbook S-curve. I've tried almost anything that has been suggested that's older than 2 years (Trespass, Tern, Shryke, DD3, Captain, Ballista, King, Corvette, Hades, DDx, Crank, Punisher, Wraith, Bolt, Thrasher, and probably a few more).

I've tried almost anything that has been suggested that's older than 2 years (Trespass, Tern, Shryke, DD3, Captain, Ballista, King, Corvette, Hades, DDx, Crank, Punisher, Wraith, Bolt, Thrasher, and probably a few more).

I think i´ve tried every single one of those and a few more. . .now i have a Lat 64 GRACE in the bag, not to OS. . not to US its just very consistent.. . i liked the Shryke, when it worked, but somtimes it failed horrible.. .

I think i´ve tried every single one of those and a few more. . .now i have a Lat 64 GRACE in the bag, not to OS. . not to US its just very consistent.. . i liked the Shryke, when it worked, but somtimes it failed horrible.. .

Hmmm. Have you thrown the Enigma?

Hmmm. Have you thrown the Enigma?

Just a few throws and it felt like a flew like my more stable DDx . . but a very nice disc, the DDx is one of my top 3 and the Enigma feels VERY similar.

But i get a few feet more with higher consistensy with my GRACE, the only Lat64 disc in my bag so not a fanboy

Grace and Force are my two only driver molds in the bag. .

My Enigmas flew very nice out of the box. After I beat them in I didn't like them. They were flat discs, and when they started turning, they turned hard and burned into the ground a lot of times.

So far I'm enjoying the Grace.

I think you've just answered my question that I've been trying to figure out. I'm looking for a flippier 2.1-2.3 cm rim disc than my Zeus, and found a fairly flippy Destroyer, but it's no flippier than my 164-166 Zeus that I've been throwing for a while. The Hades was my hope, but they're too flippy and my Cryztal is beefier than my Zeus. I think I was looking at an Enigma the last time I was in a DG store, but decided against it.

Hmmmm, maybe I need an Enigma in my life. How does it compare feel wise to the Zeus? Hopefully it's not as shallow as the Tern, nor as touchy as mine have been. I really just want a driver that will turn right a good bit but won't burn consistently, or basically a textbook S-curve. I've tried almost anything that has been suggested that's older than 2 years (Trespass, Tern, Shryke, DD3, Captain, Ballista, King, Corvette, Hades, DDx, Crank, Punisher, Wraith, Bolt, Thrasher, and probably a few more).

I love the Enigma. It's perfect for when you want a Destroyer, but with a little more turn and less fade. The Enigma turn nicely, but I don't find it flippy. The rim isn't super shallow either.

Trespass is flippier than an Enigma. Same speed.
Tern is a little flippier and longer than an Enigma, and has a shallower rim.
Captain is a little faster and noticeably flippier than an Enigma.
Ballista is the same, flippier and faster.
King, likewise.
Corvette is pretty similar to an Enigma, but faster. It also won't turn quite as easily.
DDX has the same flight as an Enigma, but less glide and a dumpier late fade.
Crank is a huge disappointment, IMO. Stubbornly overstable.
Punisher is beefier and glides less than the Enigma.
Bolt is way flippier and faster than the Enigma.
Wraith is slower and a bit beefier than the Enigma.
Thrasher is slower and noticeably flippier than the Enigma.
Hades is generally flippier than an Enigma, though they are the same speed.
Grace is very similar to the Enigma, but a speed slower. I need to throw it more to get a better feel for it.

Honestly, the Enigma is probably the perfect speed 12 disc for when you want a Destroyer shot with a little more turn. If you do get one, don't get a flat one. The only other disc I know of that mimics the Enigma in flight and feel is the G* Destroyer. G* Destroyers are pretty underrated. IMO they turn a little easier than star or champion Destroyers, and glide better.

Enigma is shallower than your destroyer or wraith, but not as shallow as the trespass. I get similar distance with it and the trespass, but the enigma flies a 'tighter' line for me, where the trespass gets D with glide and S flight. I really do like the enigma, just picture it being hard to come by in the near future.

Sounds like the Zeus will compliment the Enigma in the short term, and maybe once a Zeus gets some season on it, it can replace the Enigma.

Speculation for now, as there is at least 2 feet of snow here… and that ain't going anywhere for a couple months. Yippee…