• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Zombie Gazelle...Brrraaaaiiinnnsss

Craton

Double Eagle Member
So is it just me, or is the Gazelle back from the dead? There was SO much uproar about this disc going away, and now the past few months, I've seen shelves stocked with them- and not only that, they have a new front, with Innova's rating system on them. Did I miss the Zombie Apocalypse? Should I be storing up shotgun ammo once more? Just wondering if you guys know if this is just the depletion of of a great disc, or Innova decided to bust out the disc defibrillator.

I bought one and love it. I love the feel in my hands, but want it in premium plastic w/out the custom stamps.

I hit a tree with mine at about half power on a 220' hole forehand, skimmed a tree and already has a slight gouge on it.

I hate dx plastic on discs I like :/

I just ordered a gazelle, you have me super excited to play with it on sunday now.

I bought one and love it. I love the feel in my hands, but want it in premium plastic w/out the custom stamps.

I hit a tree with mine at about half power on a 220' hole forehand, skimmed a tree and already has a slight gouge on it.

I hate dx plastic on discs I like :/

Oh, don't hate DX plastic. DX Gazelles are beautiful...you need to hit a few more trees and skip it off the rocks a couple times. That disc will then hold turnover lines, big sweeping hyzers, and can be hyzer flipped in a straight line for miles down tight fairways. I carry three DX in wear stages.

I have the CFR Glow. It is nice, has the basic Gazelle flight, but is not as long. Good for bigger fade shots or handling light headwinds.

I am tempted to try a Gazelle. Thinking of it as slower but still able to hold a straight line as a Teebird yet want to take a turnover shot better. Would that be a wrong assessment? Is it worth it to splurge for the CFR Glow?

A beat dx gazelle is straight as a string, a super beat dx gazelle is great for turnovers. A new gazelle has a healthy but not ridiculous fade.

You really could cover every shot 300' in with a few in various states.

I bought one this weeked just because it is OOP, My wife has one and when they become rarer I know she will not share.

The Gazelle thread has the info you wanted to know. The new ones aren't depletion of the old stock, they are being ran in the new DX.

I don't find beat Gazelles to be anywhere near as straight, or long, as beat Teebirds. They're easier to throw and control, though.

I don't know that a Gazelle has the power threshold of a Teebird, so the distance capability might not be quite the same. But, straightness, oh yeah. That's one of the reason I loved my beat Gazelles, almost got a 265' ace dead bead from box to the basket, it dropped about an inch too much and banged the cage. Had 5 witnesses too, would have been a sweet ace. But, they are much easier to throw, and they do beat in to be more versatile than a beat Teebird. But, I'm not quite sure the distance capability is there, but they aren't shabby by any means. I'm sure a slight beat even mildly beat one could be pushed really close to a Teebird. If I had to choose one, I'd definitely choose the Gazelle over the Teebird.

I'm glad to see them back in production but it was just too late, I already got rid of all mine and moved to the TP Cyclone and I'm heavily invested in them. If I ever switched from the Cyclone I'd probably throw the TL since I'm already invested in it as well. But, it would be a hard toss up between the Gazelle and TL. I'd side more toward the Gazelle, especially if they gave me a Star Version as a slower beating alternative to the DX's.

SOLF for longer alternative/line shaping ability with a Star Gazelle for stable straights/windy line shaping and a two DX's for turn overs/normal shaping duties. The Gazelle being a direct replacement for my Cyclones current position. I could see myself throwing that. But, then again I dunno if I could ever get away from Cyclones now.

I don't find beat Gazelles to be anywhere near as straight, or long, as beat Teebirds. They're easier to throw and control, though.

That might be something I want. Been getting bored with my Teebird lately. Its like the boring coworker that you know is going to meet the deadline and goals of a business trip but is so uptight, your not going to have any fun.