• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Zone OS

Tried out one that was brought to the course by someone else - so, only about ten throws.

I did not find it ridiculously overstable. My Splice and Mutant are considerably more overstable (although I know they are a different flight class). I found this slightly puddle top, mid-weight, green OS to be very workable forehand and backhand. I do think I would ever use it for traditional drives, but it seemed to excel at upshots and spots where a little extra ground flare could be useful.

I can only imagine what a seasoned ESP would be.

interesting, I was totally under the impression that the Zone OS is basically equivalent to these discs just at a lower speed

Tried to snag one of these from a local shop but they already sold out.

The Entropy works well for the zone slot, but I want to to test one of these and see if it has a place in my bag next to my Entropy.

If so it'd be the first non-overmold I've bagged in a long time.

Excited to get my hands on one.

I'm definitely picking one of these up within a month or so If I can find one. Although atm they seem to be in stock in a bunch of Swedish online shops.

I've always wanted to have something more stable than my Zone's in my bag and up until now that has been a Justice, which works well enough. I've look for a Stego for a long while but they seem hard to get here in Sweden.

I ordered mine today as well. I'm expecting this to make the bag right away, unless I feel I rather have the Justice in there.

Snagged one for science and I've thrown it around a bit. I could see it being useful in the woods on crazy force over flex lines. With that said I played a classic wooded course today and didn't throw it once. I like it but I doubt it will stay in the bag for long.

Card mate had one yesterday so I threw it a couple times. Definitely wants to find the ground in a hurry, seems a touch less beefy than a Stego with a much better hand feel. Threw a FH roller that went dead straight with a big curl at the end.

Received mine today and it's extremely puddle top, like ridiculously so. I guess all of them are like this?

I like puddle tops so I'm happy.

Received mine today and it's extremely puddle top, like ridiculously so. I guess all of them are like this?

I like puddle tops so I'm happy.

Nope, every single one I saw at Disc 'n Dat when I bought mine were FAF.

So far I'm liking it because it does Tilt type things, but just a little slower. I play quite a few courses with rollaway issues, so discs like those have a place in my bag once I figure out how to avoid skips/rolls. It's another utility disc for sure and one I could have lived without, but I suspect it'll find a spot in the bag for a while.

Last edited:
Nope, every single one I saw at Disc 'n Dat when I bought mine were FAF.

So far I'm liking it because it does Tilt type things, but just a little slower. I play quite a few courses with rollaway issues, so discs like those have a place in my bag once I figure out how to avoid skips/rolls. It's another utility disc for sure and one I could have lived without, but I suspect it'll find a spot in the bag for a while.

Huh, interesting. Will be interesting to see how it flies.

I love really stable discs. I took stats last season and my Flare was by far my most thrown disc, and that is the most OS disc I've thrown. Haven't thrown a Tilt though, that would be another notch I guess. Especially on FH I love just manipulating the amount of anny and then work the fade.

got a few throws in with mine and comparing it to my entropy is like comparing my entropy to an envy. definitely more os. time will tell if I find it useful enough to bag.

Borrowed a friends for some tosses. It was board flat. Flew like a Justice but it came up a little bit shorter than one. I could see comps between the two. I could put it on severe angles and it still flexed out. A much slower Tilt/Omen/Flare.

Felt good in the hand for backhand but I didn't like how it felt for forehand at all. It was deep and just didn't fit my hand. Clunky is how I'd describe it. Which is enough for me to pass on it. YMMV

I'm really liking mine for forehand approaches on steep anny. Since i use a berg, i like the feel in hand and comparing the two they are about the same hight.

bagging an reg zone and zone os would be like a thunderbird and firebird imo

An OS compliment to the berg is a good thing to have. I like a HD Devilhawk for that, and bag a stego. Are you suggesting the Zone OS would cover both?

rainy today so no test throws.

the thing im most curious about is seeing how the zone os works with forehand rollers. overstable discs tend to roll straight and long, and the rim shape seems good for rolling.

Whenever the weather clears I'm heading out to a field with my two in Z and trying a bunch of rollers.

spent some time at a pitch and putt throwing mostly approach distance shots with my entropy and zone os's.

under 200' on flat ground they fly fairly close to one another. entropy would be a little longer and fight out of anny releases slower, but they'd hold the same general line.

where things got interesting is when I rolled them or threw them on high power shots.

thrown hard on an anyhyzer, they'd still fight out hard and move laterally significantly. big skips. the entropy in comparison wanted to fight out to flat and glide forward for much more distance.

thrown on a forehand roller the entropy is pretty conventional feeling. It goes pretty straight for a putter, then fades out to the left reliably.

the zone os did not want to even stand up to flat if I threw it with the wing titled towards 1 o clock at all. Even thrown vertical it'd resist fading until the very end. very long, straight rollers are possible with this disc.

gonna play around with it some more. especially rollers.

Latest posts