• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1.5 days in Austin

tajsss

My bro, nephew, and myself are heading to Austin tonight. We've got all day Saturday and part of Sunday.

Saturday plan:
East Metro
Pease
Circle C

Sunday plan(on way back to DFW):
Wilco
Brushy Creek(maybe)
East Cameron "Beast"(Waco on the way home)

Plan sound okay? We are trying to simply hit the best courses in our short amount of time there. Think we can hit the 3 on Saturday with these shorter days? Would you reverse the order of Saturday's plan for any reason?

Thanks for any help.

Your good with that sced, can I go with yall?

If you hit the first course early in the morning, I think you'll be fine. However, if you like to sleep in and you get to a late start I would suggest doing one of two plans:

(this order for logistical convenience)
Circle C first
Pease
East Metro

or

(this order to ensure you still get to play Circle C in the event you run out of daylight)
East Metro
Circle C
Pease

I haven't played East Metro but I have played Circle C. Circle C is excellent and that's from playing it before it's recent redesign. I would definitely make sure you play that course.

Sounds like a good plan. I'd start @ East Metro on Sat. if possible. They will lock you in the park if you don't get outside of the gates by dark. You should be able to play all three courses if you start pretty early Saturday.

I do have one recommendation:

On Sunday, if you have time, instead of the 18 hole Brushy Creek MUD, you should check out the 9 hole Brushy Creek Sports Park. It reminds me a lot of East Metro. It's super technical and somewhat long w/ a true par 5 and a couple of par 4's. It's real close to Brushy Creek MUD and is easy to follow.

Have fun. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I didn't know about East Metro maybe locking us in at dark, so I think we may stick with that one being first to be safe. My bro and nephew will normally like to sleep late, but they're both pretty excited about this trip so I'm sure we won't have a problem getting started early.

Not sure how much time we have on Sunday so WilCo is the priority. If we have enough time I'd like to do one more 18-holer which will be a toss up between Brushy Creek MUD and East Cameron(Waco). I guess if we think we have a lot of time on Sunday we could add in Brushy Creek Sports Park to the two 18-hole courses, whichever we decide on.

Any comments between either of the Brushy Creek courses and East Cameron in Waco from anyone who has played both?

Latest posts