• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 abnormal disc that is a must have in the bag

Blowfly II. I was pulling it out mostly for in the woods (doesn't hardly ricochet) and on hills (flops instead of rolls), but lately it has been my primary approach disc.

Or maybe the Xtreme. Lately I have found it to be great for meathooks, especially flicks.

I always carry a DX Raven. It's an awesome fairway driver that goes DEAD straight when powered down just a tad. That's probably my most unusual, but I sometimes carry a Champ Monarch depending on the course, and I don't see many others do that.

The 2 discs from my bag that are the outcasts would be a Star Cro I bought and am testing and a Champion Mamba. I have fallen in love with the Mamba because it is a disc that matches the flight of my Valkyrie but is about 75 feet longer. The Cro and Mamba are 2 discs I rarely see people throw.

DG Aotearoa Tui, lightweight touch disc. Great for getting out of the woods when you can barely move.

Mine would have to be the duct tape putter I made. Its actually really stable and flys about 180'. Great for messing with other players on the course. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Mine would have to be the duct tape putter I made. Its actually really stable and flys about 180'. Great for messing with other players on the course. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Do you leave this one at home when it gets above 85? I could see this disc getting really sticky.

As for mine. Not really to abnormal but I would say it would be more of a specialty disc. My Pro Whippet. Skip shots, tomahawks, and any hard fade shots I need and I immediately grab this disc out of my bag.

Not real weird but I do use a Star Max. only for rollers but I never see anyone else with one in there bag

don't know about abnormal, but I don't see many using these.....

Star Whippet
Mamba (understable pig) thrown on 45deg hyzer will still flip
blunt nose glow gator
glow TL
First run shock (has less fade than my volt)

Used to freak people out with my circle stamp DX Hammer, but I since retired it, getting to old and collectable.:p

Quest AT / Odyssey Ultra Long Range Driver - it floats

I only take it along on courses with water hazards. Controllable & straight - more fairway than driver.

2nd run CE Valk, it has been the most overstable disc in the bag for about ten years. Great for forehands. People still freak when they see the disc is a valk. I often get "my valk doesn't do that", I respond "Yeah I know, but your firebird does"

My most abnormal is an r-pro boss for tomahawks.

Those things beat in easily as is - using it for overhand can really punish soft R-Pro plastic. Most of the time, I specifically use tougher plastic or a disc I want to beat in for overhand shots, but whatever works for you.

SE Valk... Crazy turnovers, Rollers, Overhand shots etc etc.

Star Kite

I never seen anyone pull a Innova Star Kite but me... and I LOVE IT! It glides forever while turning over before always coming back... a beautiful S-turn every time unless I flip in anhyzer on purpose to get out of trouble. It's smaller diameter may have something to do with the flight pattern too. I'm also getting good distance out of it when needed because it glides so long.

Goldline Blitz. I've never seen anyone else carrying one, and it has probably the most accurate description for a disc printed on it -- wind resistant. It likes to go straight, then very left. It's got a good long pan for overhands. And the most I've seen it moved by the wind was in 25+ mph winds plus gusts. And it wasn't really moved by the wind, I just shanked the drive.

I use the innova dx kite for everything, driver, mid range, can shape it either way, and can even use it on uphill puts. My favorite disc by far and is great for all levels.