• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1 round 2 discs, what would you throw?

Played 24 holes at Canton, Ohio with my Leopard and Wizard. Did good, there were only a few drives that had me a bit nervous, otherwise I never felt like I was lacking the discs I needed to make the shots I wanted. Actually scored a bit better than I normally do. Got more 2's than usual, and the shots I messed up I recovered from well for a par. My longest drives of the day were touching the 400ft mark, though on the second one I had a slight tailwind.

Highlights:

Deuced hole 4, usually take a 3, sometimes a 4. My drive with the Wizard did better than my Buzz normally does. I think I'll drive it with my Wizard from now on.

Hole 7 I messed up my drive and got my Leopard to go right into a tree to the right of where I was aiming. Had a long putt, maybe 60-70 feet, and it went right in. Didn't think it was going to. Did it right in front of someone practicing ball golf, he liked it.

Hole 14 is a water hole, with you throwing roughly parallel to a 25-30 foot wide stream with the basket ~300 feet away on the other side of the stream. Slight headwind. Normally I'd never throw a Leopard over that hole in those conditions. I put some hyzer on it and tossed straight at the pin, and it sat up flat, tracked right a few feet, and sailed dead straight the rest of the way. Got a 2 on that as well.

Hole 22 I drove my wizard about 15 feet from the pin and it hyzered just a bit left of it. Looked around for about 30 minutes and couldn't find my disc. I was convinced my Wizard learned how to defy physics. I was standing on top of the ledge on the side of the road overlooking the stream, trying to spot my Wizard, and a sheriff rolls by and tells me to step down, that he doesn't want me doing anything crazy. I explain to him I'm looking for a disc, not trying to commit suicide off a 15 foot drop into a 1 foot deep stream, rofl. Found the wizard in a rabbit hole covered in leaves of all places.

I went out and tried this today...

My champ teebird did just as expected -- flew straight.. flew far.. went where I wanted it go. I was happy. My wizard was going in the basket when I asked it to..

All in all, my score was within 5 strokes of my normal scores! I finished +7 for the round, when normally I'm between even and +2. I am getting ready for a tourney so it was a nice change of pace to relax and just throw 2 discs. Who knows.. maybe I will do the same in the tourney next weekend! haha :lol:

JRufer13 said:
..... I am getting ready for a tourney so it was a nice change of pace to relax and just throw 2 discs. Who knows.. maybe I will do the same in the tourney next weekend! haha :lol:

It would be hilarious to show up at a tourney with 2 discs and a water bottle, no bag or anything, and finish with a better score than the people with 30+ discs on them. :lol:

My best round last year at Oakwood Park was with a Z Buzzz and an Organic Wizard. So I'd probably go that route, or a Wizard/Teebird now or maybe Buzzz/Teebird since I can putt pretty well from close with my Buzzz and I'd probably be a bit more conservative in my approaches as to make the Wizard not really necessary.

well it would have to depend on the course if it was at the idgc and the WR Jackson course it would probally be the beast and dx big bead aviar

but for all of the other courses it would be a stable star teebird and the dx big bead aviar

the only problem i see is when i would normally throw a firebird going a little to long and also on forehand shots turning the teebird over just a bit but other than the course i might could shot around the same score

but i dought i could shot 2 under par at the warner course (idgc) with only 2 discs i need all 20 there cause that course hits everything elevations, long holes, short holes, water, paved roads, left and right directions, and holes that go right then left then right it could just be the hardest course to play for the first time just becuase it does have alot of challanges

This is a good idea to get to know your plastic.

1. Buzz - Z platic (would double for my putter)
2. Cyclone - Pro D (just picked this disc up today and really like it)

CHEERS - Koffee

Either:

Star Eagle (slightly seasoned)
Roc (seasoned)

or

DX Eagle (seasoned)
Wizard

I'm not sure.

Latest posts