• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 meter rule ... ranting on FB

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
WEBPAGE_20160206_083717.jpg

WEBPAGE_20160206_083717.jpg

I didnt think this was even a big deal anymore?

The fact that at any point in time, someone, somewhere, is bitching about something stupid is nothing new.
Social media just makes it easy for them to share stupid statements with the rest of the world.
Like alcohol, guns, and countless other things that came before it, social media isn't bad... using it stupidly is.

I think some of the TDs in Cali still use it regularly?
Much of California seems to use it. Perhaps as the origination location for our sport, they have a stronger sense of tradition more than logic in hanging onto the penalty?

California players always took the "don't nice my shot" too seriously also.

I thought that was already pretty much the case?

Around here it is at least. I've never played in an event, sanctioned or otherwise were it's been in effect. But like others have said, apparently in Cali they cling to it pretty hard.

Yeah, at first I thought it may have been a sarcastic kind of post, but this is like the 3rd post about it.

PDGA should just say rounds with 2M rule will not be sanctioned or something if they dont want it used and players dont like it...?

PDGA should just say rounds with 2M rule will not be sanctioned or something if they dont want it used and players dont like it...?

It is very popular among some players, particular in some regions.

The PDGA has given the TD the right to decide, much as they give the TD the right to decide what is O.B.

Though, as an anti-2M guy, I'm tempted to question whether ratings should apply to those rounds. If T&D is a different game, isn't 2-meters?

If you check his facebook page, I'd say over half of the people posting are from Cali, and in favor of the 2m rule. As stated, it appears to be a regional thing. I've yet to play an event here in TX were it was used.