• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Goals

A new goal I just created is starting my own DG apparel company this year. There isn't enough gear for DGer's so I'm hoping to rectify this problem.

Hm. Cool post idea. Well, I thought about it earlier in the year because I realized I'd hit all of my goals I set in the spring; shooting 65 or under (which I then started averaging like 63) and to play a few new courses. This upcoming year, I am planning on taking one of my vacation weeks for disc golf related events. I want to shoot most of my rounds in the fifties, and make the guys I play with really respect my putt. Maybe play a round with a few guys on here? I also have started grabbing materials for my own basket, so I'd sure hope I have that done by the end of the year. One decent dye, a few more nicer looking dyes would be great. Hopefully I'll get to play Flip too. You guys have a great year!

I'd like to double the amount of states I've played in, but that might be a bit ambitious. :)

- Increase overall health / flexibility / strength and quit smoking
- Continue regular putting practice
- Stay positive at all times and always have fun when playing
- An ace would be nice... 2010 was a dry year for me (there's a few days left)
- Travel more and play new courses, meet new people
- Run an area singles league

Non DG:
- Increase overall health / flexibility / strength and quit smoking (repeat)
- Find something I can do for $$$ that I don't hate
- Make more time to chill with moms

There is probably more but it's a good start.

To become the Dennis Rodman of dg.

How about setting the bar higher, you're already there :D

Goals:
Throw a 900 rated tourney round
Throw no more sub 800 tourney rounds
Play Am Worlds again
Get good enough to where people call me a bagger in Rec :D

I'm on board with this one. :thmbup:

I also have a goal of successfully introducing my fiancee to disc golf before our wedding date. By "successfully" I mean she ends up not hating the sport or resenting that I spend time with it. Because I don't want to have to feel guilty about playing disc golf, or really any sport, for the rest of my life!

If you need some help let us know, having a woman there seems to help.

I want to play more consistent
I want to show well at the tourney's i enter
i'd like to get my player rating up to 950
continue daily putting practice (80 a day 5 days a week right now)
lose 75 pounds

Right now my goal is just to be able to play and be healthy. Lose the 30lbs I gained last year. Haven't really played since last April after breaking my leg and subsequent injuries.

Average a round or more a day (missed it by 10 rounds in 2010). :doh:

Play-n-review at least 37 new courses, preferably 62 (would put me at 200/225). :hfive:

Not be completely ashamed of my attempts to throw forehand. :gross:

1). work on putting and set that down
2). get at least 1 ace
3). be with the girlfriend and maybe teach her how to play?
4.) discover some local courses that i haven't played at

be able to throw 350+ consistantly and accuratley with fairway drivers
be able to hit 300 consistantly and accuratly with mids
be able to hit 250 consistantly and accuratley with wizards
figure out how to throw nose down better
develop an OAT free throw
get good at putting
Get an ace!

Here were my goals for 2010 and in red is what I was able to accomplish:

1) Hit another 75 courses (will be much harder since I have played every course within 45 miles already. I ended up getting to 81 more in 2010 bringing me to a total 213 in 2 years

2) Get rating up to 875-900 from 846 (only 4 tourneys . . . but the highest round I had was like 887)
I actually destroyed my goal of hitting 875-900 by getting my rating allt he way up to 915, this pumps me up!!!

3) Get to either Flip City or Highbridge Hills.
FAILED

4) Introduce one friend to the game and get them as hooked as I am!!!!! This should probably be #1 since it is the most nonselfish goal I could have! I actually was able to get one couple (friends from college and I gave them some discs to get started. A lot of times people say yeah that was fun, but then the initial purchase of the discs never happens, so I made sure they had no excuse to not play) introduced. I introduced an employee and he says he would like to come out during the winter with us.

5) Get my wife to play an average of once per week so those road trips arent so awkward!
I got her to come to our weekly league almost every week all summer (30 or so weeks long), plus I got her really interested in playing in PDGA events too and she is going to get a membership as a surpise gift when we return from our vacation. She is getting hooked and I love it!

So 4 out of the 5 were successful. I need more time to fully write up all of my goals for 2011, and will do that sometime on New years day, but I wanted to update how I did from 2010. I think setting goals is fine but if you do not measure them against your performance how are you going to improve?

I can't rememebr if I came up with goals yet or not and since it is almost 2011, here are a couple.

Get my PDGA rating over 900.
Find a better routine to warm up for tournaments.
Play more new courses than 2010.

That is it.