• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

fade lite is a good bag and they are a good company...I plasti dipped the bottom of mine for extra durability dont use it anymore gave it to the gf since i out grew it but it def takes a beating for sure

DISCRAFT GAZELLE!! In Z plastic too!!! If this thing flies like a gazelle I might just convert to DC. I hope there is an Ace Race in Florida.

Definitely appears to be a slow fairway disc (TL is speed 7 btw); a pretty reasonable choice for an ace race. Definitely appears to be a Discraft response to a disc like the Warship.

The rim is almost identical to a Latitude 64 Core, but the edge is not as thick. If this thing is a faster Core, that would be awesome. I wouldn't mind running at baskets with a faster Core because the Core is my main mid.

This is a dumb question but its my first ace race so I'll let that be an excuse. During the ace race do you split off into groups then at the end of the day you let the TD know if you hit any aces or is it like a big group thing so that the TD can mark it down as it happens?

Yes. I've played in one where all 15 of us ran together and it was a huge party and I played in one where it was groups of fours and we checked in half way through to update scores. Groups is probably the most common way.

This is a dumb question but its my first ace race so I'll let that be an excuse. During the ace race do you split off into groups then at the end of the day you let the TD know if you hit any aces or is it like a big group thing so that the TD can mark it down as it happens?

I played my first ace race last year and it was definitely a fun time. At the one I attended we broke into groups of 4 or 5. The TD let us make our own groups. Since I didn't really know anyone I just jumped into a group and had a lot of fun. You record any aces or metal hits and report them to the TD at the end.

I wish they would sell players packs to people who cant attend an event. I hope i make it to the closest one!

Most organizers will let you buy one even if you aren't going to be there.

I wish they would sell players packs to people who cant attend an event. I hope i make it to the closest one!

You can also check the DGCR Market place. The discs/packs will hit pretty soon from people who went and don't want to keep the discs and TD's unloading extra unsold packs.. Generally, the price is a little high the first few of weeks of August, but once there have been more Ace Races and the supply gets bigger, the prices will drop.

Also, if there is not one in your area, you can always sign up to run one. Does not take much to run one. Biggest requirement is putting up the cash upfront to purchase the pacakges. You can offset this by pushing for pre-regristration.

Also, if there is not one in your area, you can always sign up to run one. Does not take much to run one. Biggest requirement is putting up the cash upfront to purchase the pacakges. You can offset this by pushing for pre-regristration.

I TD an Ace Race and it's 100% pre-reg. But it's also in October so I give everyone plenty of time. I won't put anything into it other than my time, lol.

I TD an Ace Race and it's 100% pre-reg. But it's also in October so I give everyone plenty of time. I won't put anything into it other than my time, lol.

Same here, except mine is the first saturday of august every year. I then spend all the profits on extra giveaways.

I played my first ace race last year and it was definitely a fun time. At the one I attended we broke into groups of 4 or 5. The TD let us make our own groups. Since I didn't really know anyone I just jumped into a group and had a lot of fun. You record any aces or metal hits and report them to the TD at the end.

Great thread and good feedback! Just entered my first Ace Race, in 2 weeks and I am really excited about it. Cool of Discraft to have a dedicated site for it, helped me read up on the rules and how its run. Sounds like a really fun time. Also looking forward to the two new prototype drivers and water bottle.

The Discraft Sunglasses look pretty similar to the Ray Ban Original Wayfarer.

"Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?"

Discraft shades? Are they part of this year's player's pack? :confused:

"Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?"

Discraft shades? Are they part of this year's player's pack? :confused:

you haven't seen a pic of the players pack? 2 z discs, water bottle, mini sticker and sunglasses?
487992_10151028183928644_888382201_n.jpg

and just because the glasses look like raybans, doesn't mean they look good. they also look a lot like the ones I get when I go to a 3d movie.

Somehow, even through a computer screen, It is sincere that you watch a lot of 3-D movies in theatres.
Thank you for sharing such deep thoughts about the ace race disc.

Somehow, even through a computer screen, It is sincere that you watch a lot of 3-D movies in theatres.
Thank you for sharing such deep thoughts about the ace race disc.

I watch very few movies in the theaters, but if I am going to I will go to the 3D showing. :D I'll be throwing the disc a week from today, I'm pretty excited about that, I'm hoping it is very similiar to the Z storm that I carry in the bag.