• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

weight range seems to be odd for a long range driver, 164-179. thats gotta be a mid?

This is the exact same weight range the River comes in. This gives me the impression that it is a very wide disc (diameter-wise, not rim wise), allowing for the extra weight by PDGA technical standards.

I know that I could sure use a new water bottle. Like all of my discs, my water bottle has hit its fair share of trees.

Awesome thanks. So you just use the one disc for the entire tournament right? Sorry for all the questions.

you can use either one but you just get one throw per hole and then you move on. most aces win and some directors do giveaways for most metal hits as well.

Agreed, the bags have been something to give away, the water bottle is at least worth keeping.

Yeah if you already have a bag. As a noob without one it would have been nice. I do agree though think the water bottle is nice and better.

I think you meant to say wouldn't be or inappropriate.

I didnt know there was a tracer i was just throwing out names.

No, I was saying I thought it would be cool if they were allowed to reboot an old model name under a different mold, but I don't know if PDGA would be cool with that.

I doubt he knew either. Google is wonderful.

I thought I had one. Ran to the sterilites only to find that it was a vortex, not a tracer. Oldest disc I own.

you can use either one but you just get one throw per hole and then you move on. most aces win and some directors do giveaways for most metal hits as well.

Some events allow you to throw both discs, many around here do it that way so you get double the throws and more chances at aces. Last year the one I played had 25 holes, and 2 throws x 2 rounds so you got 100 shots total.

Yeah if you already have a bag. As a noob without one it would have been nice. I do agree though think the water bottle is nice and better.

Fade Lite = $14.99 and holds almost twice as many discs if you're out for an el cheapo.

The bag's quality was on par with the baseball gloves they hand out in MLB stadiums on promotional days. Sure, you've got a baseball glove, but...

I've used the bag several times, either when I bring new players out or when I'm playing a local course and I want to carry 2-3 discs and a drink.

Some events allow you to throw both discs, many around here do it that way so you get double the throws and more chances at aces. Last year the one I played had 25 holes, and 2 throws x 2 rounds so you got 100 shots total.

This is what we do for the Ace Race at Tyler

I think it's more fun that way, it's very little extra time in most cases, we just let players throw both their shots back to back. I think ace races are more fun when you have a bunch of people coming in with multiple aces rather than only a few getting hit throughout the day.

Fade Lite = $14.99 and holds almost twice as many discs if you're out for an el cheapo.

The bag's quality was on par with the baseball gloves they hand out in MLB stadiums on promotional days. Sure, you've got a baseball glove, but...

Yeah, Im sue the bag they give would be outgrown quickly anyway.

OT, sorry Ive looked at the fade lites and they have crossed my mind. Dont know how durable they are though. Im still deciding. I Like the nutsac too but for the price and only what 6 discs I'm not sure, though I doubt Ill be carrying more then that anytime soon. I assume too being made out of canvas they take a good beating too.

I'm definitely looking forward the the discs though for sure.

Finally getting the pack announced has renewed my excitement as this will be my first Ace Race. And for them to essentially be fairway drivers, I'm pumped!