• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Fantasy Disc Golf League

i understand the concern. I have no idea what iTrader is but i had a long and prosperous amatuer career as well as working for a Distribution Company. This means i have a lot of discs and the ability to ship them anywhere in the world you require. I am down for Fantasy Disc Golf either way.

My comment wasn't directed at you, BTW, but in general. Just like the Secret Santa, there have been some deadbeats and I was just asking out loud whether that's something we should institute here as well.

Can we have a minimum iTrader or some other qualification? All too frequently there are users that crap the bed, fall off the face of the earth, and never send their disc.

I am fairly new to the marketplace and have only purchased a few discs. Never sold or traded anything here, but I have great ebay feedback.:\ I have no problem shipping a disc, and I love the fantasy sports! :D Baseball doesn't kick off for another two months.

In, I'll give it a try. What is the format? Any links? Does it work similar to the fantasy PGA?

http://www.playfantasydiscgolf.com/
This is the host site. Go ahead and make your account. The 2013 DGCR league is not yet set up, so don't bother looking for it. I don't know anything about any other fantasy leagues. It will most likely be 8 tourneys. You get 1-2 weeks to make your picks. Scoring is based on placement. I do see changes from last year's format but will make sure things are sorted out.

I want all the first timers to know that by saying yes to this league you have the responsibility to send a disc to a winner should you lose (as outlined in the OP).

Every time this honour system is put in place it seems someone bails on their obligation. There is not one reason that will get you excused for not sending a disc if you lose, not one. If you are going to be late with payment that is fine, communication is the name of the game. Please respect the fact that this is an honour system.

Sorry to sound like a dick, I just don't want to have to hound people to keep up their end of the deal.

On the bright side, looks like we are having good interest! :thmbup: I will keep this thread going until Monday evening so everyone has a chance to voice their interest before finalizing the league, giving instructions, etc.

Current interested members
baileyy1212
stevetclark
Scanlon
plastic cannon
bcr123psu
horsmann
harr0140
Tarmen
Whiplash
bhadella
larrod22
BgWvDave
schimmy
hipster

I want all the first timers to know that by saying yes to this league you have the responsibility to send a disc to a winner should you lose (as outlined in the OP).

Every time this honour system is put in place it seems someone bails on their obligation. There is not one reason that will get you excused for not sending a disc if you lose, not one. If you are going to be late with payment that is fine, communication is the name of the game. Please respect the fact that this is an honour system.

Sorry to sound like a dick, I just don't want to have to hound people to keep up their end of the deal.

I love it!!!!!

In

Lots of new folks in for this season! That's great to see!

New players,

On the deadbeat issue... don't let that deter you from joining. There have been very very few of them per capita to the amount of people playing and having fun. And those few were not allowed to play again.

So GAME ON!!!

____

On the feedback issue, if it's okay with timg I think we should leave positive or negative feedback.
____

One the $30 issue.

Suggestion #1: Bailey, you could pay, then during payouts assign yourself an automatic amount of discs sent to you as compensation. (this would probably only work if the bet was two discs per person instead of one)

Suggestion #2: Bailey, you could pay, then charge $1 for people to join. Assign discs as above to fill the gap up to the $30.

Suggestion #3: Charge $2 to join via paypal. After the 3rd or 4th tournament, divide $30 by the number of players and refund each accordingly. After that you could prob let people join for free and either have to send a disc to the winners or not, you decide as it happens.

These are just off the top of my head. There are probably a hundred better ways to do it. I have zero experience with this. How do you "other sports" fantasy players do it?

f6cef474-0c08-46dc-8636-87b95379e9bf.jpg

Last edited:
one thing to note, $30 gives you 20 tournaments. If you do two tours this year then that is 10 tournaments per tour, $15 per tour. Some people that play the first tour may not play the second. Some people that did not play the first tour may want to play in the second.

So thinking in those terms, bailey, you could compensate yourself the $30 spread out over two tours by either charging a small fee or by collecting disc payouts accordingly.

Last edited:
For those that are new, Brall was the organizer of Leagues last year, so he would know exactly how many people didn't pay, and it looks like it wasn't a huge problem. Like he said, this is still a fun way to kill some of that idle time staring at your screen thinking that you've finished the internet. I also found it really helpful with learning the who's who of disc golf and got exposed to a ton of new events/courses I never heard of.

Problems Solved

Hey DGCR,

Aaron from Fantasy Disc Golf here. We'll upgrade your league to premium for you and no one needs to worry about the $30. We'll also throw in a First Place trophy disc!

Thank you for your patience. We hope to have everything rolling by Sunday/Monday and expect a lot of signups prior to the Memorial.

Get your buddies together and let the trash talk carry to the computer. Here are a few 2013 highlights:
  • 1 FDG putter with premium league purchase
  • 1 FDG trophy disc with premium league purchase
  • 8+ customized DGA mini baskets given away in FREE Gold League
  • Sortable Player Stats Pages coming soon
  • better email options to avoid goose eggs
  • more prizes!

When next week comes, please consider creating a custom league as you'll get 2 custom Gateway FDG putters with your purchase and the ability to use any sanctioned event in your fantasy league.

Thanks again DGCR. We'll be notifying y'all shortly.

Aaron
ps-can an admin help me with my 'fantasydiscgolf' login? I can't get a password reset sent to me - [email protected]

Boom . . . thanks Aaron

Latest posts