• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

I hadn't really thought about it before someone brought it up on this thread earlier in the week...but it might be time to reevaluate what "Par" means in a pro tournament.

par is somewhat meaningless anyway. they are not playing against the course like you or i would. they are playing against their competitors

par is somewhat meaningless anyway. they are not playing against the course like you or i would. they are playing against their competitors

I absolutely agree.
BUT!
Doesn't it seem silly that someone is currently 75 under par?

To me, that just means that par should either be not discussed, and just go with pure score, or change Par for open and Masters. It's totally a cosmetic thing, I know.

Still.

I hadn't really thought about it before someone brought it up on this thread earlier in the week...but it might be time to reevaluate what "Par" means in a pro tournament.

Oh come on, -75 is completely legitimate. :|

I honestly like the idea of tightening up the baskets. Distance is a given. It should just still be a challenge to finish when you're 20' away from the pin. The way people are putting, it seems like rolling a golf ball into a basketball hoop-sized hole. Either be right on target and hit the pole or take another putt.

I absolutely agree.
BUT!
Doesn't it seem silly that someone is currently 75 under par?

To me, that just means that par should either be not discussed, and just go with pure score, or change Par for open and Masters. It's totally a cosmetic thing, I know.

Still.

Par Discussion may happen at some point sure. Look at the first 4 holes. Lots of distance. Not average birdies for most people. McBeth gets a 2 on a 550'? hole. That's just how good these guys are. They are the best in the world who are doing the best at the tournament to determine the best. bestbest.

Par Discussion may happen at some point sure. Look at the first 4 holes. Lots of distance. Not average birdies for most people. McBeth gets a 2 on a 550'? hole. That's just how good these guys are. They are the best in the world who are doing the best at the tournament to determine the best. bestbest.

Totally agree.
Which is why I think that you just go with total score.
The idea that that paul is 75 down doesn't even compute.

Yep. Mitch Sonderfan did it:

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/mitch-sonderfan.html

But I don't think it's ever happened in a Worlds.

BTW: with the Schultz/Champ show in the Masters it takes me back to my days as a wee youth. I freaking love it

I can't remember if he hit back to back but he hit 4 aces in one tournament. It's been quite some time. David Kociuba did this at the Michiana Open.

I love that they run a commercial for their internet provider...and my feed lagged out.