• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

I've been pulling for Barsby and Philo. Barsby isn't far off but Philo is going to need some serious masterful rounds to get back in contention.

Lemon Lake does not have good reception. so there may be issues with that as well.

I don't mean to jump on the "the streaming sucks!" bandwagon. I've not tried it.

But, I am confused about these reception issues being mentioned. Presumably the clubhouse/pro shop has a telephone line? Presumably they have, or can acquire, at least a DSL quality (or better, for some $$) internet connection?

Presumably that can be run out to the broadcast booth without too much trouble. And, they only need enough feed to upload the video to the server. It's not like all of the viewers are connecting simultaneously to Lemon Lake.

I mean, there still _might_ be reception. But, they're not the sort that a player who dropped by Lemon Lake would be likely to have personal experience with.

Or, am I missing something?

I've been pulling for Barsby and Philo. Barsby isn't far off but Philo is going to need some serious masterful rounds to get back in contention.

I'd love to see Philo make an awesome come back. I'm okay with most of the top guys winning right now, cept Nikko or Colglazier.

Presumably that can be run out to the broadcast booth without too much trouble. And, they only need enough feed to upload the video to the server. It's not like all of the viewers are connecting simultaneously to Lemon Lake.

Uploading the live stream is a heavy duty bandwidth eater. A standard DSL/cable hookup might not be enough to handle it.

I don't mean to jump on the "the streaming sucks!" bandwagon. I've not tried it.

But, I am confused about these reception issues being mentioned. Presumably the clubhouse/pro shop has a telephone line? Presumably they have, or can acquire, at least a DSL quality (or better, for some $$) internet connection?

I mean, there still _might_ be reception. But, they're not the sort that a player who dropped by Lemon Lake would be likely to have personal experience with.

Not trying to start ****, but knowing the people that run the pro shop as I do...I would be shocked to know that they had ANY internet connection or phone line in that place...that would cost money.

I can't wait to see what the top guys do on 12, in the current setup it's one of the hardest holes at LL IMO. The side slope down to the lake makes a roller tough and the ceiling gets pretty low to get very far around that first corner, and the pin position is pretty tricky too.

Latest posts